By Stressed dad - 18/07/2017 20:00

Today, my wife's water broke so I drove her to the hospital. After 16 hours without labor, I went home to get a little sleep. Four hours later I got the call and ran outside to find that my car was towed from my parking space. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 076
You deserved it 1 024

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They messed up and they're going to have to call a "toe truck" to remove your foot from their asses. Best of luck with the new arrival OP.

Agreed. He should have stayed with her no matter what. Most fathers sleep in those chairs or go to a near by waiting room and make some sort of bed. Now he missed his child being born. I'm sure she was unhappy about that. And I'm also sure she didn't get very much sleep being once she got into labor and such. I'm not saying he is a horrible husband and father, but he should have stayed by her side no matter the cost.

Comments

The parking space at your apartnent building? Unless you pulled into the wrong space by accident, that shouldn't have happened.

They messed up and they're going to have to call a "toe truck" to remove your foot from their asses. Best of luck with the new arrival OP.

flyingflies 36

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
corky1992 33

that's rude. she could have told him to go home and get some rest.

Agreed. He should have stayed with her no matter what. Most fathers sleep in those chairs or go to a near by waiting room and make some sort of bed. Now he missed his child being born. I'm sure she was unhappy about that. And I'm also sure she didn't get very much sleep being once she got into labor and such. I'm not saying he is a horrible husband and father, but he should have stayed by her side no matter the cost.

no he was not wrong to go home, just what happened with his car was wrong. He did not leave her while she was in labor, that is a big difference. When my boy was being born we went to the hospital on a sunday, he came on a tuesday. i stayed on her side for about 18 hours a day, only going home to shower and rest for a few hours to be back there early in the morning but by taking rest and dropping in at our house I could provide my wife with anything we had forgotten in the hurry and get good rest so that i could be there for her as support when she needed it. (also not to forget the first period after birth I was taking care of business cause my wife needed the time to recover.) Also despite the car being towed it doesn't mean he missed the birth, it is never mentioned. It is just a extremely bad time to not have the car available to him. But there are plenty of alternatives he could have used to get there on time.

Orrrrrr, he could go home, get some rest and take care of everything at home until she can come home too. Better than both arriving home exhausted + a baby.

At first, I thought you got towed from the hospital lot, but then I realized you couldn’t park properly at home. I hope your kid inherits your wife’s brain.

worry abour that later ! hope you asked for a ride from friend, family, or even lyft/uber. congratulations!

Are there not other ways that you can get there? Uber? Bus? Taxi?

Lobby_Bee 17

Never met a tow car operator that has the decency to call you after they towed your car. It must be your lucky day.

He got "the call" that it was time to get to the hospital because baby was ready. Not a call from the tow company.

species4872 19

Ahh, you traded in your car for a baby.