By Faker - 16/10/2012 21:44 - United States

Today, while shopping, an old man came up to me and told me I should be ashamed for walking around fake limping, and that it's horrible to mock people who actually limp from serious injuries. I wasn't faking, I was born without my right leg and I was getting used to my new prosthetic one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 003
You deserved it 1 667

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that_guy666 3

people are always quick to judge. I'm proud of you OP keep fighting and I wish you the best of luck! it takes a lot of courage. :)

Shoulda shown him your prosthetic leg. No need to respect your elders if they don't respect you.

Comments

BellaBelle_fml 23

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that. You are an amazingly strong young woman who has overcome being wheel chair bound! I'm so proud of you, and you are true inspiration to me. Stay awesome OP!

Chiikitty6464 2

She probably had a prosthetic leg before the one she has now that she grew out of. Either that or being wheelchair-bound

What a ********. I've worked with the elderly for quite awhile. Some of them can just be downright mean

You go girl. Hope you made him feel like the small inadequate person that he is so he had to feel like crap. Good luck with the leg, hope it works out well for you :)

I hope you took off your prosthetic leg and waved it in his face. But seriously, I do hope you explained to him that you weren't fake limping. I can't imagine the look on his face!

You can forgive the old guy. He just didn't understand why a good looking person was trying to elicit spathy.

should have taken off your prosthetic & hit him with it!

Sorry to hear that - I hope you took it off and stuck the foot in his mouth

Shadow_Phantom 26

... Why the hell do people assume "BAWWW UR TRYING TO OFFEND ME!" Are they really that thick? FYL, OP.

I hope you took your leg off and cracked him over the head with it.

To everyone saying she should've taken her prosthesis off to show it to him/hit him with it: It's not that simple. They're obviously all different, but with my dad's he has to put one part on, then pull the sock over, then put the other part on and roll up the silicone sock, all while sitting down.You can't just put it on or take it off like a hat.

Thank you captain humorless - you have yet again saved us from the legion of sarcasm... Pretty sure nobody is serious about OP taking it off and using it as a weapon/crutch

27- I completely agree with you. However, if she wanted to show it all OP would have to do is raise her pant leg and show a bit of it.

sorrowsangel89 1

I think the point was not really that OP should have hit him over the head with his/her prosthesis but that he/she should have made the guy regret being so ignorant.