By stelssy - 26/01/2013 05:03 - United States

Today, while reading in the bath, I accidentally switched the shower on. Not wanting my book to get soaked, I threw it out of the tub. When I got out of the tub later, I found it had landed squarely in the toilet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 253
You deserved it 12 966

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

Well, it looks like your plan to keep your book dry went down the toilet. Literally.

Instead of just turning the shower off again...

Comments

Your comment doesn't need to be.. But at least you didn't yell "FIRST"

almost34 4

To be honest, I would rather first than this.

I decided to forgive 1 for not pulling the "shitty situation" card.

Instead of just turning the shower off again...

shan88 14

Instead of turning it off, is anyone else wondering how you "accidentally" turn a shower on?

Well on mine you just press one button and it switches to the showerhead. It's easy to do.

shan88 14

I don't have a shower like that, and a lot of people I know don't have showers like that. There is usually two sets of taps

Yeah I'm unclear on the 'accidently' turned the shower on. How does that work?

#41 actually if you live in an apartment older then that's between 20-30 years old your taps will likely be a push in.

No matter how fast you turn it off, the water is going to come out and hit the book for at least a few seconds. What OP did was the best possible choice.

Sorry folks, shan88 (comment 41) says that she doesn't know anyone whose taps work like the OP's. So what any of us have experienced is irrelevant.

At least it was just one book and not a kindle or anything!

RpiesSPIES 27

Although, if he were using a kindle, he could reintroduce himself to hard copies of books. They are far superior >:D

That would be an immediate YDI though... For reading a kindle while water can come near it. That's like placing your drink next to your mouse ...

52- Why would my mouse turn into a gremlin?

VampTat 10

He meant a computer mouse... It's not the mouse he would have to be worried about though, but the actual keyboard itself, or computer if you're using a laptop. I shouldn't judge though because I have beverages and food near my computer all the time too.

was it fifty shades of grey? if so, fyl indeed.

Why FYL? If it was 50 Shades, it landed right where I would put it, anyway.

because if it was 50 shades, she probably was aroused until the book went in the toilet, killing any sexual arousals she had, so f her life.

22 - Whoa! Wanna slow down your logic process a little bit?

At least it was just one book and not a kindle or a nook.

Canucksftw24 6

Cause its almost exactly what 4 said

I think we just have posted at the same time, it wasn't mentioned when I posted my comment. Eh, oh well.

Why do people read in the tub? Take a shower and go back to life.

Because, it's very relaxing after a hard day.(: I have one of those tub reading racks to hold my books in place and also a tub pillows. :P

Some people also have a hard time taking showers - I have lupus, which comes with wonderful arthritis that makes things like standing up for half an hour trying to wash my hair and shave my legs extremely painful and irritating. If I soak in a tub? Joint swelling goes down, and I can rinse my hair with the shower attachment. (I also have a reading rack - if I don't read during a bath I will probably fall asleep, and that is not the best of plans).

I've found cheap inflatable ones at the dollar store before, but you could probably find them at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I think I got my last one at Target.

oj101 33

Well, it looks like your plan to keep your book dry went down the toilet. Literally.

Is it common practice in the US to have your toilet open at all times? I thought most toilets now-a-days came with a lid.

In the U.S. everyone must leave the toilet open at all times. It is considered very unlucky to close the lid. Also, for homes with animals the lids must remain in case of air conditioning outages so their pets are able to get a drink in the hot summer months. That is normal. What part of the planet are you from?

Yeah, God forbid someone looks in your bathroom and sees your toilet, and in it .....Water!! Bfd

No wonder I don't feel like I belong in the US... I always keep the lid closed. Well, except when the toilet is in use of course. That would be quite awkward.

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

#40 you just got me thinking. Somewhere, at some time in the world, someone was probably so drunk, stoned, or tired that they "did their business" on the toilet with the lid closed. Can you imagine having to clean that? Let alone explain that someone else. Lol

rofflewaffle 9

Ours stays closed... In case something drops into it.