By Anonymous - 28/10/2011 05:37 - United States

Today, while I was at work at a nursing home I was attempting to dress a woman for bed. She popped me a left hook and I had to ask the nurse to look at my jaw. After my nurse said I was okay she asked me to continue getting the woman dressed for bed. She hit me 5 more times. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 556
You deserved it 2 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you_and_me_fml 8
robincakes94 8

I would have stopped trying to dress her after my second hit.

Comments

madz5758 10

She wouldn't probably be on life support if she can hit like that

bubo_fml 10

When I have to get put in an nursing home, I'm gonna grab some nurse's ******* & pretend I'm senile!!

bubo_fml 10

Next time ya help that bad ass granny get dressed, start w/a straight jacket!

Next time either give her a little time to settle down or get another carer to help you. The ones with a dementia just don't understand you are trying to help them. From their perspective you are a scary stranger undressing them and making them do something they don't want to do. Even if they need to - clothes are soiled, etc. I'm not too happy that the nurse didn't help you out though. I would've.

Get someone to assist and hold her arms to prevent this. Duh.

stephy2lee 2

I got bit by a resident at my living facility! It was so bad!

It has happened to almost everyone that works in a nursing home. I agree with the other posters who said you should have gotten help (though the nurse SHOULD have helped you). When residents are suffering from dementia they are often violent, but the aides should be aware of these tendencies and prepare for them.

i wouldve stopped and told her to dress herself if she has the energy to hit someone

sydneyhaha 4

If she could hit enough to make it hurt, then why is she in a nursing home?