By Anonymous - 28/02/2015 18:11 - United States - Portland

Today, while cleaning my son's room, I found an envelope labelled "PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL" under his bed. I opened it, only to find it was a glitter bomb. I couldn't get it all cleaned off myself before he got home. He just said "HAH! Serves you right!" and went to his room smirking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 673
You deserved it 62 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's really hard to feel sorry for you here when you opened an envelope that wasn't yours. Especially one that said "private and confidential" as a last chance warning. Totally deserved it.

This is the biggest YDI i have seen in awhile

Comments

The envelope said it itself, "private and confidential" and you still wanted to open it. YDI for being nosey.

You got off easy..I've seen sites where they'll mail horse shit and another where they'll send crabs... Ydi the glitter though for being nosy.

penguin_bitchez 15

Dummy. That's why you don't invade people's privacy

redcrush1 8

Should have respected his privacy

Maybe the OP shouldn't have been searching through his things, but it's sad how everyone immediately blames the parent, who essentially dedicates their entire life to raising the child and making them happy. Why is this child not cleaning his own room? If he expects his parents to clean it for him, then setting a trap for them, when every parent in the world would be a fool not to check inside a secret envelop of their child's to make sure they aren't doing anything stupid--well this kid clearly is not deserving any respect. This parent had every right to consider this a **** my life, not because they didn't get away with a prank their child played, but the fact their child would have done something so immature in the first place. There is no such thing as privacy among children and parents; we owe absolutely everything, especially a child who cannot clean his own room, to what our parents have done for us. As a teenager I felt like every time my parents were being slightly intrusive that they were being nosey and annoying, and I closed off from them because I didn't want them to be so involved in my problems. But now, as an adult, I realize that everything they did was for me, to make sure I was going down the right track, to make sure I was being the most I could be. I would be ashamed to repay my parents by creating a mess when they were only trying to help me, even when I was being so resistant to their help. OP you should have left the mess for you son to clean himself.

No matter the age, if it is private and confidential that means that.

Well played on your son's part. Very well played.

effd_4_life 2

For all of you morons saying "kids have privacy" SHUT UP! You only get the privacy and respect you earn.... if the kid wants privacy then they should GTHO... I'm sure privacy is exactly what Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold got... along with any other little screw-ups that are doing crap they shouldn't! Now, depending on the relationship between the parent and the child, this could have just been a funny prank, or if the kid was being a little bastard, then the parent should have the kid vacuum up the glitter with a straw!