By lonelyheart4ever - 13/08/2016 01:58 - United States - Norman Park

Today, a man finally was flirting with me in a supermarket checkout lane, even offering to help unload my groceries onto the conveyor. Turns out he was just distracting everyone so his partner in crime could steal $200 from the cash register. I had to give a witness statement to the manager. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 320
You deserved it 1 465

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take it as a compliment. The crook could have flirted with anyone in the store as a diversion and he picked you <3 Is this the beginning of a rom-com maybe?

Comments

No wonder I'm so poor. I never realized successful flirting resulted in money.

You want to be careful about flirting for money though. I believe they call that prostitution or solicitation, depending on your judicial jurisdiction.

If you're a waiter or waitress you're already a prostitute as you are working for tips (and living off of the tips.) This is coming from a guy who waited tables for 8 years. Hell, I once let a retiring school teacher grab my ass at her retirement party for a $20 tip. ;-)

You didn't know that that was going to happen. It's not your fault OP. Sucks that it happened to you, but at least nobody got hurt.

At least it wasn't a soiled homeless guy with noxious bo, bugs in his hair and a cheap beer in hand.

Take it as a compliment. The crook could have flirted with anyone in the store as a diversion and he picked you <3 Is this the beginning of a rom-com maybe?

At least they didn't think you were involved...

Thank god it wasn't you he robbed but that seriously sucks they had to resort to stealing from their workplace.

ezrajab 22

Sorry op. I have heard of things like that happening to others I know it isn't much consolation but it is usually several people working together

At least you know people will still hit on you, you won't be lonely forever!