By wtf did i do?? - 11/01/2013 22:22 - Canada - Thornhill

Today, trying to be sweet, I told my girlfriend that I'm so happy we met one another. She muttered, "Well, that makes one of us." FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 316
You deserved it 3 237

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Why do you have to try to be sweet? Are you normally a bitter dick?

Comments

It was still extremely unnecessary though.

I agree with #61. It was disrespectful and immature of her to act like that when her boyfriend was just trying to be sweet to her. When I'm in a bad mood I distance myself from people, or take a walk to cool off. I don't say nasty things to hurt them for no apparent reason.

Ouch... Perhaps you should talk with her about what's going wrong with the relationship, darling, to make her feel that way. Or, worst case scenario, it may be time to part ways?

laurbear87 8

Must you call people "darling" in every one of your comments? Maybe it's just me, but it sounds a bit demeaning

38 - you gotta take people the way they come. If everyone used the exact same style of language wouldn't it be a bit boring? Don't get me wrong, I'm all about the grammar - but I like it when the way people speak or their personality shines through in their writing/comments. I'm sure he doesn't mean it to be demeaning - so don't take it like that!

Maybe he's from Northern England where the expression darling is common and not in any way a negative expression, like scottish expression of lass.

Eliseopwns 22

For those of you that can't look for answers yourselves, it's a CHARACTER account. That's why be talks the way he does. In Pokémon XD, he calls people darling all the time, so stop complaining.

#38 have to say #52 got a point as in the area i was born, 'sweetheart' is a common word for using for opposite sexes... Kinda weird but normal.

mrz1177 11

Damn.. At least your not friend zoned...

Dblocker 18

I'd rather be friend zoned than be with that bitch, but then again we don't really know the whole story. For all we know OP could be the biggest douche on this planet.

jojimugo 20

How does friend zone apply here??

perdix 29

Why do you have to try to be sweet? Are you normally a bitter dick?

Being sweet is not always easy or natural, my natural state of being is more aloof/detached "sweet" takes some effort. Thankfully my girl knows that and appreciates said effort..... I think.

Rather what I meant was just bcuz your not being sweet doesn't mean your being a bitter dick. There is some gray area.

Wouldn't it be easier to cure a bitter dick with some sugar?

#24; nothing can cure bitter dick.. Sugar would just make it worse.

perdix 29

#22, for me being sweet is easy and natural, and being a bitter dick takes effort. Fortunately, FML gives me the opportunity to work on that -- it's like a gym to enhance bitter dickdom!

Perdix I strongly agree with you. So much that thumbing you up just isn't good enough. (because I know there is a button for that ) For those of you who would use that as a reply... And now I just came to realize that this comment is too much. Eh, it's late my comments always get thumbed down at this time of the night because I can't think of anything witty to say. Meh oh well... I've grown not to care. Ok I'm done... Now.

Geezus, did she wake up on the wrong side of the bed or what?

kotana191 8

is it that time of the month again?

You know, not every girl it's irate during their periods. Some even use it as an excuse to be bitchy.

****, ran out of time to edit. She uses this as an excuse for everything. We've caught her off-guard several times for having 2-3 periods in a month

Not all of us use it as an excuse. From my own personal experience I tend to say and do hurtful things during that time of the month. I'm not speaking for all women but when one's hormones get thrown out of whack it's hard to be kind to people who are not suffering as well. "Misery loves company." Still I don't know what's up with ops girlfriend we need more info on their background to assess her comment.

Females do use it as an excuse to be extremely bitchy. I had the misfortune of meeting an individual that would talk about her period ALL the time, and she seemed to have it every other day. But, we've all said extremely bitchy things, during TOM (Time Of the Month) and without Tom's help. He might've caught her at a bad time. Us females are confusing.

According to my brother I'm nicer on my period. But I'm also told that I'm a bitch while on it.

loveashlley 6

Your picture makes me uncomfortable tymarie.

You should see that as a big freakin sign that something is horribly wrong in your relationship.

could be that he just did or said something earlier that day and that triggered her response. If so and it was a comment made in anger it wouldn't be so bad.

That's true and I really hope that's the case in this situation.

Maybe she's not happy with you because you consider THAT "being sweet". Perhaps if you ACTUALLY acted sweet all the time she'd be happy.

Or maybe he is nice and she's just not that into him.

When I read "trying to be sweet", I wondered how OP acts normally.

If OP's trying to act sweet he could still be a nice guy. My boyfriend takes special effort to be sweet because his regular personality is goofy. So when he puts in the effort it means something to me. When he's not being sweet it doesn't mean he's being an asshole, OP might be the same way.