By marge1010 - 08/03/2009 14:39 - United States

Today, the man I have been dating for 3 weeks, who told me he owns a high end restaurant in the city, handed me my lunch order through the drive-thru at Wendy's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 976
You deserved it 10 017

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mistress_Puppy 0

Now you know that not only is he a liar but he's broke. xDD

#2 You have NO idea why she dated him. Maybe they were dating for a week when he told her that. Don't just assume that's the reason she's dating him.

Comments

You should have asked for a free Frosty.

is the wendy's in the city? cos if it is, he's half telling the truth. #20 is right, you get all these sweet perks. if he proposes tell him to put the ring in a frosty.

A_bomb19 0

what are you talking about #10??!! Wendy's is the most ******-up retaraunt there is! other than Burger King, but it's up there!

why the hell are you picking on 10. there's a lot other people that feels the same as them

whatthefuckguys 0

I wonder if it's because the guy was ashamed of working fast food, or just because he thought lying about his workplace would make him seem like a hotshot. Either way, I find this hilarious.

Lies can only go forward in life, never back.

yokiedinosaur 0

i think after a few weeks it should become clear that he does not own a high-end restaurant. like what kind of car he drives, or the clothes he wears. if he told you the name of the restaurant, you could probably have looked it up online... not even in a paranoid "he's lying" way, but out of curiosity. and didn't it seem odd that he never invited you to it? you'd figure if this is a new relationship the guy would want to impress you, especially if he were at all proud of his restaurant. sorry, you should've figured this one out. i guess you would have anyway, though. it's best that you found out after only three weeks.

maybe he owns that chain of wendys therefore he would be VERY rich still.

vigilantechick 0

Dump him. As much as I like Wendy's, it's just the fact he DOES have access to a high end restaurant that makes me wonder if he's really worth it.

vigilantechick 0

This post also adds one more reason to why I hate men, even as a perfectly straight woman.

So the owner of a high-end restaurant isn't allowed to buy his girlfriend some fast food? It's not as if you need to dine out at some luxurious place everyday anyways, and it was just lunch. Find out whether or not he actually owns a restaurant and do what you want from there. If he's lying... well, can you forgive him? If he's not, then you get your gold.