By Anonymous - 22/02/2010 11:28 - United States

Today, I went on a date with a guy that I have been crushing on for 2 years. At the end of the date he tells me that he is moving away and as his going away present, I could pay for dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 070
You deserved it 3 045

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel sorry for you because you're realizing so late that he's an asshole, but you also deserve it for not working up the nerve to talk to this guy earlier. It would have made life easier to find that out sooner. I knew my friend for years, and I waited WAY too long to tell him how much I cared about him. 3 months into us dating he died in a car accident. My point is, don't wait for that shit, do it as fast as you can. Rejection is not as bad as we make it out to be.

Comments

zebra_pillow 0

haha now that just sucks fyl indeed!

iSwag 0

it's onle a dick move if he knew you liked him...if he had no idea then I don't see what the problem is

I agree with 23. That's not a dick move at all.

ILikePopCorn 0

haha, I have a strange feeling that hes not moving ;-).

toxic10uhc 0

how is that not a dick move?! that is like the worst thing you could do!

succer punched to the face that guy is a ****** up ass to do that

YDI for crushing on the same person for 2 years....

im2good25 0

he didn't want a BJ while he was at it?

lol @ 79, someone needs to get out more, wouldn't you say?

i hate people who do that oh im leaving so u can pay oh im mad at u youre lucky i didnt leave u iys like they are such egotistical a-holes

AGGoddess 2

Why did it take two years for the date to happen? If it's because you didn't have the guts to tell him you liked him YDI.

Should have told him you liked him 2 years ago- YDI

sourgirl101 28

I agree but she also had two years to realize that he was a using jerk. YDI only if you did indeed pay

you've had a crush on this douche for 2 years? move on, especially if he's movingg! there has got to be better guys!

mcicycool 0
inconvienentgurl 0

Agreed!! That was wrong...he should of told you that in the beginning of the date that he was leaving. If you offered to pay for the date then it would be a nice gesture instead of a stupid move by pinning it on you. You should be glad he's moving...now you won't have to spend your time being mad at him and having to look at him while you get over things :)

somehow I have the feeling that he is not moving and was just using that as an excuse. Some guys can pull the "I'm moving" card pretty well, and actually have people believe they are moving. Reminds me of a time I told all my friends in high school I was moving to another state and kept up the ruse for 2 weeks straight. They fell over laughing when they found out I was jk.

why do girls think it's an fml when they have to pay for something it's so stupid

orangesodaftw 0

I wouldve made some lame excuse that I didn't bring my wallet and then forced him to pay.

BadPinkKitty07 0

um ok, I would love to be very sympathetic here, because that really does suck. but honestly, you had a crush on him for two years. did you not know he could be enough of a jerk to pull a stunt like this? :( oh well, live and learn. I hope it was a good meal though.

YDI for having a crush on an asshole. You should learn to make better decisions in life.

Free_Hugs10 0

Sometimes you just can't help who you like.

youthink_fml 0

You can still realize when one's an asshole. OP, YDI.

randy121 0

that's how we grow up, unfortunately the damage is done before we realize we can help it.