By candie - 27/08/2011 02:10 - United States

Today, thanks to my wife's confession, I found out that the 14 year old child I've raised since I was 16 isn't related to me at all. But at least this narrows the real father down to one of three other guys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 586
You deserved it 4 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell yer wife "life's not a garden, so don't be a hoe" !

Well, if you raised a child for 14 years i would say the blood-relation shouldnt matter.

Comments

TheManWithAnAK47 0

Yeah just kidding. Wait til your son graduates so he can have some headway in life and then drop the woman.

the bottom line is the child did nothing wrong. he did not ask to be born. in the end it is your choice but remember, what choice did your 14 year old son have?

That's a terrible situation to find yourself in, for you and the kid. Please keep in mind what some others have said about biology having very little to do with being a parent. This is very true, and whether you're related by blood or not, you are still a father to this child. That's a great thing. As for your wife, might I suggest looking at your relationship now before deciding whether her betrayal is enough for you to end it. She did a terrible thing, but she did it when she was 16 and a lot of people make awful, regrettable choices as teenagers. You've had 14 years since to form a relationship and I think it's amazing that you've kept your marriage going for that long, especially when it started at such a young age. That's not an achievement to be taken lightly, and honestly, for it to have worked so long there must be something between you that's worth keeping. If there's not, then that's another matter, but I wouldn't throw it all away just yet. Perhaps seek some marriage counselling. Also, for everyone saying he should just leave because she's a ***** and it's not his kid, well, he never said whether he and his wife had further children. I'd like to think that if he did, they'd deserve some consideration too. Not to mention this poor kid who will also be affected by the discovery that his father isn't his biological father. Life is not so simple.

InvertedNipples 3
bubo_fml 10

Well, even more shocking would be if you discovered you son was really your brother...(Cue "Duelin' Banjos!")

Biologically, he's not yours.. but in every other way, he is your son. You raised him.

At this point, you're more of a father than the biological father will ever be. Your daughter loves you, so you should stay with her. But your wife is a lying bitch that should have taken precaution when she was having sex. I hope that raising a child since you were 16 didn't effect your 'dream future' I respect you though, staying by that bitch's side for 14 years and raising a child without backing out, honestly: your father of the year (:

You got caught up in some Jerry Springer stuff right there, good luck :)

Well, it shows yer a good person considering she picked you..

2 things: 1. Everyone's assuming op is a good person (not saying he's not) bc he raised this kid, he thought the kid was his so it isn't like he did something extra honorable he just fulfilled his duty as a father. 2. To those who are saying "so what he raised the kid as his own anyway". Ummm if u found out Ur dad isn't really Ur real dad, would u brush it off and say "no big deal"?