By candie - 27/08/2011 02:10 - United States

Today, thanks to my wife's confession, I found out that the 14 year old child I've raised since I was 16 isn't related to me at all. But at least this narrows the real father down to one of three other guys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 586
You deserved it 4 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell yer wife "life's not a garden, so don't be a hoe" !

Well, if you raised a child for 14 years i would say the blood-relation shouldnt matter.

Comments

EvilDave 13

No, it is not a privilege to be a dad to someone else's child, especially when one is tricked into that position.

dragonbytch 0
kwt2007 2

Sounds kinda like the plot of the movie "Chaos Theory" with Ryan Reynolds

The child will still love you! You've been been there for his/her entire life

I agree with you. The child will see the father in you. I'm sure you will still love him as your own child. I know it's not a good feeling to know this, but just rely on your love for eachother. The other 3 are just people for the child.

Alexisthebestest 16

I agree. If I found out the man that raised me wasn't my biological father, I would obviously be upset, but I would still love him. I think the kid would appreciate OP a lot more if he (OP) stayed around and still considered him his own child. That takes a lot of love. :)

ikickgingers 15

It's great if you stay in the kids life. But what happens of your kid finds out ? What about the other possible gents? Shouldn't they have a right to know? What if they weren't the better pick ? Jeez too Many what ifs. Sorry pal.

People are idiots...it DOES suck but who would give up the kid they raised as there own because the mother is a *****...its not the kids fault and if you dont care and want her to have a screwed up life then go ahead and take away the man she knows as her dad...

Well your family is the ones you love and who loves you blood is a bonus

SmittyJA24 26

"FML"??? No, 14-15 years ago, you were too stupid to realize your "girl-friend" was less than monogamous. So you may not be the father, but you're certainly "the dad". Is that so bad? Probably not. Here's the serious thought: your wife is (most probably) still ******* around. Embrace the kid, but divorce the cum-dumpster wife. Or, seek therapy.

txgirl2013 14