By Anonymous - 01/07/2016 16:23 - Sweden - Alingsås

Today, the paternity test came back. It's like I suspected all along; my "son" is actually my half-brother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 404
You deserved it 1 857

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is all kinds of ****** up.. And that poor kid will have to live with that :/

That's screwed up! Hopefully it doesn't affect your relationship with your son!

Comments

That is all kinds of ****** up.. And that poor kid will have to live with that :/

Did your father have an affair with you wife/girlfriend?

CoffeeChickBlows 13

I dunno. You got any other explanations, bud? *rolls eyes*

I arrived at the same conclusion, and just double- and triple-checked myself that it makes sense. It seems to me that #3 has great reading comprehension, but wanted to make sure he didn't make a mistake... And you guys are assholes, a simple "yes" should suffice. Edit: I guess you guys meant that the GIRLFRIEND/WIFE had an affair with the FATHER, and not the other way around... but seriously, that could be an English-as-a-second-language mistake.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
MamaChey 24

There is a line between sarcasm and being a dick (unless you know the person). Hell, just the fact that you state people "don't understand sarcasm" after the neg comments and thumbs down puts you in the latter category. Obs, dude's question was legit. Side-by-side, I'd take him over d-bag...I mean "sarcastic" any day. I'm guessing that "Gearhead" is the name on your birth certificate, huh?

i was confused too. i thought OP was a woman though so how could she not know. then i saw the male sign and it made sense

andrmac 25

Actually no his dad was just sitting the hot tub, and she went in after and got pregnant that way.

@4 Well technically a swapped at birth situation between his child and his stepmum's would also fit OP's post. Doubt that's what happened of course.

Sunrox 4

Sperm can't survive longer than a few minutes in a hot tub. It's extremely unlikely that happened.

That's screwed up! Hopefully it doesn't affect your relationship with your son!

How could it not? That's not his son, that's actually his dad's kid. Why should he raise him? His dad got the girl pregnant, he should be financially responsible for him.

#8 might actually be the case that the OP wants to raise him as his own son, in spite of all.. And if he does, he should get to. Wouldn't blame him if the whole thing seems too weird now, though

#8 I think it really depends on how old the child is. If the child is older OP may already have an emotional attachment and it would be very damaging for the child on a psychological level I'm sure, but if the child is still just an infant then I say yeah cut your losses and move on with your life. Let them figure it out. Plus I hope OPs father isn't in a relationship, that adds a whole other level of complications.

The way the FML is worded that doesn't seem likely. He said the paternity test proved what he thought, so he obviously had doubts the kid was his and just had it confirmed. When you are suspecting your son isn't yours and is actually your brother kinda seems like you leaning more towards the not raising the kid.

Well it should. He's not his dad. He's his sibling.

I completely agree with you!! She cheated and the child is not his, so why should he stay?? Sorry you had to go through this OP..

CrassKal 27

Oh dear god, the implications of this are horrifying.

Brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "it's a family affair", doesn't it?

Poor kid! Probably doesn't know who's his parents!