By candie - 27/08/2011 02:10 - United States

Today, thanks to my wife's confession, I found out that the 14 year old child I've raised since I was 16 isn't related to me at all. But at least this narrows the real father down to one of three other guys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 586
You deserved it 4 302

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tell yer wife "life's not a garden, so don't be a hoe" !

Well, if you raised a child for 14 years i would say the blood-relation shouldnt matter.

Comments

and your happy about this because?.... (you seem fine with it, like NBD)

dixieangelec_09 1

it's not the kid's fault so you should still love him/her the same.... now your wife on the other hand.. it would be hard to not let it affect your relationship with her.. but since you stepped up at 16 and actually raised the kid, that's just awesome

Obryn 9

Your 14-year old child is your child in every legal and meaningful way... Legally, you will be bound to provide for this child because you are the only father he/she has ever known. Meaningfully, you were there and hope you will continue to be there for your child's formative years... Just because, biologically, you're not related is no reason to throw everything away. Good luck!

If you've raised her since you were 16, you must love her a lot to stay, so does it really matter that you're not the father?

beebeeL 1

Who cares ! if he's basically your son to you then you can't abandon hom now!

So your wife had sex with at least 3 other guys right about the same time she did with you, then she lied to you to make you stick with her, and then she kept the lie going on for about 14 years. Not only she is a *****, she is also a terrible person. I would think twice about staying with that bitch. You deserve better.

You manned up at 16, gave up your childhood and raised a child, that is something not a lot of people would do. To find out that the child isn't yours by blood is terrible. Just remember that it is not the kids fault, and that they love you like a "blood" father so don't stop loving him/her like a blood child.

Harlequin073 6