By A. - 14/10/2010 07:15 - United States

Today, out of all the cars in the parking lot, mine got struck by lightning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 339
You deserved it 3 592

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JayBear14 11

i thought cars didnt get struck by lightning because of the rubber on the tires? It's a genuine question, sorry if i sound stupid.

Comments

That must be a sign of worst days ahead of u.

if the car got struck by lightning and it's a some what newer vehicle the ECM Aka the computer is fried along with probably everything electrical...basically the car is totaled...it may be sitting on rubber but it still made a ground so there for it's SCREWED!

tatiee_fml 0

At least you weren't in the car. You've got to think positive, young grasshopper. :)

Hahaha that sucks. you must be really lucky 

Maybe God wishethes to striketh thou downeth witheth his takething of thy car...eth.

If the vehicle was " Grounded " ( No Tires ) and sitting on it's metal rims, Damage would Most Likely occur if struck by lightning . If the vehicle had tires on it, the rubber would insulate the vehicle and in doing so, keeping the electricity from reaching ground and most likely No damage would occur, at least Not due to the electricity itself. Don't They Teach this in Schools Today ?

They do. The also teach proper ponctuation. Did They Teach You To Write Like This? And lightning can damage electric components, but it shouldn't be too bad.