By lonesome - 28/04/2013 05:23 - Canada

Today, my whole family made an hour-long drive to a restaurant that's just a few minutes away from my place. I wasn't invited. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 578
You deserved it 3 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zahra_786 19

Awww I'm sorry OP. Maybe they assumed you'd be busy, or too tired or something. Should bring up the topic and ask why.

Comments

Maybe they just forgot about you? My parents do it all the time. Sometimes I'm stranded someplace with no ride home. :( Parents are just like us.. They forget sometimes.

zen1979 16

MOST of the time, good, sober parents don't forget their kids. Sometimes even they mess up.

Parents don't forget their good kids...also works ;)

Eh... Forgetting your son or daughter is stretching it a little, no?

no but getting caught up in things or being busy and forgetting you had to pick them up is a bit different then forgetting your child completely :)

upallnight11 19

It's OP's FAMILY. I'm sure you would appreciate if your relatives all ignored the **** out of you.

They could be planning a surprise party or they just don't like you

zahra_786 19

Awww I'm sorry OP. Maybe they assumed you'd be busy, or too tired or something. Should bring up the topic and ask why.

I work night shift and sometimes my family will not call me to do things because they assume I'm sleeping and don't want to disturb me. And I live an hour away too. Don't take it so hard OP.

Remember that family is just a place for awkward occasions, OP. I think it's fine that you aren't invited. Just call their cell and start chatting. They will realize that you should be there and invite you over. But I'm sorry. Tough roads in life.

If it's anything like dinners with my family, you just missed out on an opportunity for a baby to spit up on you, your aunts and uncles to interrogate you about whether you have a degree yet, and your grandparents to ask you if you're still gay. I would be thanking my lucky stars.

I think they dislike you. Don't fret though OP! Just infiltrate one of your friends families- then they must accept you! It worked for me :)

zen1979 16

Day 32: they still haven't realized I'm not one of the Smiths. Over all, operation Family Switch is successful so far.....

Day 52. Mrs. Smith is answering to 'Mom' when I say it. Time to work on Mr. Smith.

Day 100: the dog still suspicious, but I've bought treats this time.

Day 236: Call from real Mom. Pretended to be my friend, Samantha Smith. Worked well. Uncle now responds to Uncle. The dog is still suspicious, but now I have 1/2 pound of Meat Lovers treats.

I doubt that they dislike you. There must be SOME reasonable explanation. Interrogate them when they get home.