By lonesome - 28/04/2013 05:23 - Canada

Today, my whole family made an hour-long drive to a restaurant that's just a few minutes away from my place. I wasn't invited. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 573
You deserved it 3 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zahra_786 19

Awww I'm sorry OP. Maybe they assumed you'd be busy, or too tired or something. Should bring up the topic and ask why.

Comments

There is a lot more going on here than just the blatantly obvious.. I detect some previous turmoil between OP and their family.

exactly. need far more background here, I'm suspecting this could well be a YDI.......

I thing so also , but what can you do about it!

challan 19

OP... My aunt once cried that we didn't invite her to a family event. She knew about it, and didn't go. That was her fault. I think this may be yours. There doesn't need to be a personal invitation with family! You knew they were going, you should have said, "Cool! I'll be there !"

Go there yourself and then when you see them be like "heyyyy guysss!" The awkwardness will make them invite you.

Maybe they wanted to discuss your surprise birthday party...

WrongRomance 11

Family events usually aren't fun anyway, OP. Perhaps you should go out to a nice dinner by yourself? Maybe they didn't think you could afford it or something and didn't want to embarrass you by asking.

I think you should have your own party and not invite anyone! Forever alone parties are the best!!!

perdix 29

You've learned the hard way that talking with your mouth full really disgusts people.