By Anonymous - 27/11/2012 05:06 - United States - Appleton

Today, my step-mom restarted the computer because she thought she'd downloaded a virus that stopped her from being able to click on anything, erasing my 7-page paper in the process. It turns out it was just the batteries dying in our wireless mouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 616
You deserved it 13 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not certain why you never saved it once. It just seems like the obvious thing to do. There is a chance that the file still exists on your hard drive if you want to search for it. Some word processors create auto recoveries and backups which are sometimes hidden files.

Hopefully your document has auto save function. Or use EasyRecovery. Good luck!

Comments

As everyone else has said, you really should have saved. However, if you were using MS Word, it should prompt you to recover the file when you open it again. Even other word processors should have recovery methods, but i don't know for sure.

Your own fault for not saving your paper You should always do saves every few hundred words to stop mishaps like this and loosing all your work. your own fault YOU DESERVED IT

As everyone else on the planet has said, save. However, I hope it wasn't due the next day.

ideasrule 13

Why the heck would you write a 7-page paper without saving and without using a program that auto saves (like Word)?

Certainly you would be able to recreate your paper using all those notes and your outline you made before attempting to write a paper, right? Surely a cold write is nothing but a first draft, right? I mean nobody writes a paper off the top of their head--at least not a seven page paper. Minor inconvenience unless you're a really bad student.

She could have asked her step-mom to proof read her paper for her and just didn't know it was never saved. But nonetheless, it is still her own fault for never saving it.

Not all kids have used a floppy disk before, I'm not sure if they understand what it means...

nowayisthisreal 4

F your step-mom's L for having to live with your retarded ass.

You deserved it, never have I ever written a paper and gone more than 10minutes without saving the draft.