By Anonymous - 27/11/2012 05:06 - United States - Appleton

Today, my step-mom restarted the computer because she thought she'd downloaded a virus that stopped her from being able to click on anything, erasing my 7-page paper in the process. It turns out it was just the batteries dying in our wireless mouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 616
You deserved it 13 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not certain why you never saved it once. It just seems like the obvious thing to do. There is a chance that the file still exists on your hard drive if you want to search for it. Some word processors create auto recoveries and backups which are sometimes hidden files.

Hopefully your document has auto save function. Or use EasyRecovery. Good luck!

Comments

years ago, I got into the habit of always hitting ctrl-s whenever I am doing anything on the PC(whether games or school papers) because I had lost a final exam project because the power went off just about the time I was almost done. After that, every 5 minutes I always hit ctrl-s to be safe.

Save it or just set autosave to be default on new documents, it's really not hard. Lightening, powercut, hardware fault, technologically impaired people, just a few of the dangers lurking for important unsaved documents

If you're using MS Office (2007+), you'll be fine.

That's the issue. This dipshit used Notepad and now OP's screwed.

It was probably autosaved which means you are a fool for not looking. Try Google docs next time.

sweetmama88 6

You should have saved your paper. And I'm sure it was by accident, she never meant to do it.

tcdaboss 2

Why didnt you hit save at any time

perdix 29

I can see absentmindedly not saving while you bang out a lot of work, but I don't know how you forget to do it before giving your mom a turn on the computer. Well, the world needs ditch-diggers, too.

I save my papers every 1/2 page or so... I'm a clutz and bad at computer stuff, so I am bound to mess it up at some point. ALWAYS SAVE!