By Anonymous - 27/11/2012 05:06 - United States - Appleton

Today, my step-mom restarted the computer because she thought she'd downloaded a virus that stopped her from being able to click on anything, erasing my 7-page paper in the process. It turns out it was just the batteries dying in our wireless mouse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 616
You deserved it 13 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm not certain why you never saved it once. It just seems like the obvious thing to do. There is a chance that the file still exists on your hard drive if you want to search for it. Some word processors create auto recoveries and backups which are sometimes hidden files.

Hopefully your document has auto save function. Or use EasyRecovery. Good luck!

Comments

Eh? Did you not save it at all? That's ridiculous. What an idiot.

You did not save it once? Why would you restart a computer for a virus?

Seriously, you bawl because you didn't save and reboot and/or power off after writing? Honestly, honestly? WTF did you think is your freaking responsibility? God freaking damn. This stupid mutherfreaking website is some stupid ass as swipe place for fuckwipes to get stroked. Ban me please because this place and these defective genes here should be sterilized to protect the rest of us.

Try opening word again, it should bring up documents that were in progress and you should be able to recover it.

I can't remember the time when text editors like Word didn't autosave every other minute.

caitiebug1119 15

My computer teacher had a saying that he would say whenever the power went out and someone had to start over: "Save early, safe often". Also, you should have told your stepmom "Hold on, I haven't saved yet".

JerryH 9

Ever here of either a flash-drive or just saving it to your computer? Its kinda hard to feel sorry for somebody who is ignorant of such things

...You didn't even save once? A but of advice, learn the save shortcut and use it. Also if it is somethijg really important don't rely on it being safe in one location. Have a backup somewhere else too(like dropbox as suggested).