By Anonymous - 18/07/2015 05:00 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, my son was planning on going clubbing. I disapproved, but no matter what I say he never listens, so I simply offered him some condoms so he doesn't end up knocking anyone up. He just said, "Nah, dad. Get 'em drunk enough and it's anal all the way." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 064
You deserved it 5 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

you can still get an STD doin it that way. I imagine no matter how drunk u get her, if she into it, its prolly not her first time!! lmao!

myeviltwin 20

And women wonder why us guys in our 30's go for women in their 20's. Hmmmmmmm, no "ready made families" (You're not my dad I don't have to listen to you. Yes you do you little bastard this is my house and I pay ALL of the bills (including feeding, clothing, housing and educating your ungrateful ass). Tell your deadbeat daddy to stop begging for change at the gas station and get a job and pay child support), no inhibitions about different sex positions and no pressure to commit after 3 dates.

That's not okay... You could get me as drunk as you want but I wouldn't agree to anal.

Im not sure if you've failed or succeeded as a parent! Lol

How the **** is alcohol induced sex, rape? It was their choice to drink in the first place, if you get drunk and become more inclined to sleep with people while drunk, then you either need to not go out in public and drink(bars, parties, clubs) or learn to watch your drinking. Bring a friend that won't drink so they can watch you. SOMETHING. That's like saying "Your honor, i was drunk when I shot tom I didn't know what I was doing", you're still going to jail for murder. You go out and drink deal with the consequences. And suppose I should point out for future reference no I have not slept with any woman who was drunk because I just generally have a higher respect for women. Plus this can do either way really, women do it to men all the time as well. Is it morally wrong? Yes. But its not rape if you intentionally got so drunk in public(which is against the law) that you lost all sense of judgement. You knew the consequences and most people know how they are while drunk.

Your analogy isn't quite accurate, since the point of this FML is that the son is purposefully trying to get girls drunk because he knows they wouldn't consent to anal with him otherwise. It's not like they're both drunk, or the girl gets a tiny bit drunk on her own and starts to flirt and they hit things off. It is him going out of his way to get someone so drunk that he can have sex with her when he knows she otherwise wouldn't want to. So it would make more sense to compare the son to someone who goes around purposefully trying to get people so drunk they are barely aware of their surroundings and completely inhibited, handing them a gun, putting their finger at the trigger, pointing their hand towards a crowd of people, and then asking them to shoot. Could you really claim such a person would have no legal responsibility at all? I had a (sober) friend try to trick me into drinking a shot which turned out to be 95% alcohol. I didn't drink it, but if I had I would most likely have been drunk after a single sip. If he got me drunk on purpose, and then proceeded to have sex with me when he knew I was not interested in him, I would consider that rape. And if people started telling me "well you should abstain from drinking completely if you know your drunk self loses inhibitions, or you shouldn't have been drinking with people you don't trust 100%, or never accept drinks from anyone not even your buddies, etc...this is YOUR fault, he did not rape you" then they could go take a long walk off a short pier.

Exactly. It's not like he puts roofies in the girls' drinks and then has his way with them - THAT would be rape. But if they're dumb enough to willingly get so drunk so they don't know what they're doing or agreeing to, they kinda brought it on themselves. If they have no respect for themselves, why should anyone else?

I'm pretty sure the son was joking when he said it. I'm the first to admit that it's a very sad and tasteless joke. I think some of the commenters here need to lighten up a little.

If you are drunk enough you cannot legally consent to sex so it would be rape - I don't know how it works if both people are drunk though.

He can get quite a nasty STD from anal.

Rape is terrible, as bad as it gets just short of murder. THAT said, don't assume drunk sex isn't consensual. When you're drunk you ARE more open to stupid ideas, for sure, but unless you say no, it's not rape. if you're drunk and you say yes and you aren't being forced/threatened into it, you said yes. YOU may regret it like no tomorrow, but that's your mistake to live with. Universities are throwing out claims left and right these days because someone REGRETTED having sex with a douche and CLAIMED , but had in fact did it willingly.

I think it depends on the situation, tbh. For example, you say that if she doesn't say no, it isn't rape. But what if she is so drunk she literally cannot string two words together? Or if she has not passed out, but is so unaware of her surroundings she doesn't even really know what's going on? She may not have said "no," but in my opinion that doesn't automatically mean she has consented and said "yes." Also, people getting someone drunk without their knowledge because you want to seduce them and you KNOW she won't say yes otherwise. For example, some girl has shown she isn't interested in you so at the next party you spike the punch, watch&wait till she gets drunk, then make your move... that to me seems much more questionable. I agree with you that not all drunk sex can automatically be equated to rape (though taking advantage of the situation is just generally douchy imo), but I also think that just because someone has sex while drunk doesn't automatically mean it was not rape. And implying (not saying that you are, but some other comments have) that any girl who was drunk and conscious is not allowed to claim she was raped, can discourage victims from coming forwards.

i could've chosen my words a little better with the whole not saying no bit. I meant if there is a clear affirmation, a yes, sure, lets do this, etc, even if intoxicated to some degree, it may be a stupid regrettable decision, but you made it. Also my comment was under the context that she was willingly and knowingly drinking alcohol, not getting spiked drinks.

Yes there is a fine line between someone having a few drinks to loosen up and someone being fall down pass out drunk. If you have to help someone stand upright, they can't give consent. It's always better to play it safe than sorry, a good rule of thumb should be to not sleep with someone who would not be able to drive themselves home. If you have to get them intoxicated in order for them to "agree" to a certain sexual position, then that's not consensual and you're a rapist no matter which way you slice that Cosby cake.