By Anonymous - 18/07/2015 05:00 - United States - San Francisco

Spicy
Today, my son was planning on going clubbing. I disapproved, but no matter what I say he never listens, so I simply offered him some condoms so he doesn't end up knocking anyone up. He just said, "Nah, dad. Get 'em drunk enough and it's anal all the way." FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 064
You deserved it 5 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Tell him you are not going to be supporting him and his family when he makes a mistake.

aredvulpix 23

I hope you talked to him before he went out. That is not OK.

Wow, people are getting really up in arms about the "rape" idea. But if you're going to claim that's rape, I assume what you're getting from the FML is he has them drink until they're passed out drunk, and therefore unable to give, or take away, consent. I, however, read it as him giving them alcohol to lower their inhibitions, making them more likely to say yes to something like anal. Either way, it's a douchebag thing to do, but we can't assume that he's going the rape route. It's a really harsh thing to say when you don't have all the information!

Impaired cognitive ability, meaning impaired ability to weigh risks and benefits, as well as impaired memory conversion, and impaired ability to reality check. If the person wouldn't be allowed to sign legal papers like that, you shouldn't have sex with them. It isn't consent unless it's uncoerced, unimpaired and with full knowledge of the activity and possible risks. So, yes, he has raped several young women by the sound of it.

# 72 Are you telling me you've never had sex whilst drunk? Either you're incredibly stupid or an outright liar. Whilst you can sign legal documents (you just can't be held to them later) whilst drunk, doesn't mean that you can't consent to sex.

Nessco, let us all know where you got your law degree, and learned to compose sentences. At that point, I'll be more inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt regarding your statements...though please notice that you confuse your conclusions. Also, if someone hasn't had sex while drunk they're either lying or delusional? Very sad life you've lived if you think this.

72 - I never said it was morally right, but there is nothing illegal about taking advantage of a drunk person. It happens every night, to both men and women, in bars all over the country. Is it okay to do? No, not really. Anyone who takes advantage like that deserves a swift kick to the groin. Is it legal? Absolutely.

It baffles me how many people are quicker to quibble about whether it's rape (if there's doubt that's for the courts to decide surely) than to condemn that sort of behavior. Rape or not, it's repulsive behavior that needs addressing.

To answer your question 105, no, I haven't had sex while drunk. Because I don't drink. Because there are people like the OP's son that think that someone being too drunk to say no, is the same thing as them saying yes. To 162, depending on the state, it IS illegal to take advantage of someone being drunk to have sex with them. Regardless of whether it's "Can't quite walk in a straight line" or "black out" drunk. In most states, the rule of thumb about mixing alcohol and sex is "don't" regardless of the gender of who is the victim and who is the assailant. The reason being that the person who does the act has NO WAY of knowing what level of intoxication the target is at, and correspondingly has no idea when the line of being able to give consent has been crossed. Which makes mixing the two legally dubious at best, and a violation of someone's sense of self worth and security at worst. So regardless of laws, yeah, I consider the OP's son a rapist at worst and predatory feces in the shape of a human at best.

What a moron. Anal has an even higher risk of transmitting disease.

On the bright side you won't need to worry about any unwanted pregnancies ;)

Sounds like you raised a winner. Apple doesn't fall far. YDI

at least I don't have to worry about that due to the fact that I've been locked at home away from any social interactions possible for my entire life.

All of the comments making his son out as a rapist are insane. For all we know we was bantering with his dad for jumping to conclusions about his intent for the night. Clubs aren't always about getting 'action', you can dance and drink there too. Sure, what he said makes him sound like a jerk, but rape is still a really strong word to use when you're still ignorant to most of the story. Besides, no where in the story did the son say "I'm getting them drunk so they forget to say no." No means no. Yes means yes.

53, if you take away somebody's judgment to make them say yes when they would say no otherwise, it's not actually 'yes'. Hopefully OP's kid isn't actually doing this to women, of course, but if he's dead serious, that's pretty damn rapey.

Actually what he said was pretty close to "I'm getting them drunk so they forget to say no." He says: "Get 'em drunk enough and it's anal all the way," which implies he is purposefully getting them drunk because he knows they would probably say no to anal while sober. You might be right and it's all sarcasm, but if he's being sincere then that's something OP should look into.

Couldn't agree more #53. I'm pretty sure it was a joke too. When did FML get so serious? Have you people never joked around before? Only OP can really know if he was serious or not. Myself, I prefer to believe that nobody would knowingly be that much of a douche.

It was a crappy joke and worthy of an fml from his dad, but I can see how it could be out of exasperation of his dad being so controlling. I have male friends who have gone to clubs and somehow managed to not get someone pregnant or an STD, maybe he'd appreciate a bit more trust.