By Mom - 25/07/2009 21:14 - United States

Today, my son decided to come out of the closet by wearing a shirt that said "Mom, I'm gay" to the family reunion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 875
You deserved it 26 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tea_bag_fml 0

I want to high five your son.

So not an FML, just accept your son for who he is, and kudos to him for being brave enough to come out to the entire family!

Comments

why **** your life? he should write an fml about u writing this on fml...

Omg, that is the best way to come out ever ^^ And I fail to see the fml...

At Least He Did It To Your Face. My Brother Sent My Mom An E-Mail While She Was At Work!

Not Every Word Needs To Be Capitalized. Besides, maybe he sent an email because he didn't think she would accept him and it was easier to do it like that.

Exactly. But no, people jump on the "poor parenting" boat.

roflstephh 0

oh my god, i'm pretty sure i love your son. best way of coming out ever.

How is this a fml? You should be proud of your son. He was brave enough to come out to his whole family, which could have been very hard for him. And to those people who said stuff about him wearing a shirt making it embarrassing, just think how hard it would be to come out to everyone. Wearing it on a t-shirt seems like the easiest way to come out to everyone without having to explain anything. I hope your son reads this and sees how unsupportive you are.

aho_matsuri 0

haha that is awesome. your son rules.

andrewtet 0

The first time your child has sex isnt embarrassing, you child wearing a shirt that says "I got laid" to a family gathering is. this is the same situation, the kid needs to grow up and should have come out in a more acceptable way

Bad example. See, in America (where this happened), there are social rules that say you don't talk about sex with your family, and that it's not polite to let everyone know about it. In homophobic parts of America, I guess your statement works, since they don't think it's right to talk about it (or to BE gay). He didn't wear a shirt that said "Mom, I sleep with men". He just let her (and the family) know who he really is and that he falls in love with men. Letting people know you are gay should not be something considered rude or taboo.

Miso_Soupu 0

You think sexual orientation is all about the physical action of sex don't you? Sad.

hope its not fml ur son is gay , but the way he did come out .... just wow but accept him for who he is OP , it may take time but work with him