By Mom - 25/07/2009 21:14 - United States

Today, my son decided to come out of the closet by wearing a shirt that said "Mom, I'm gay" to the family reunion. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 875
You deserved it 26 212

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tea_bag_fml 0

I want to high five your son.

So not an FML, just accept your son for who he is, and kudos to him for being brave enough to come out to the entire family!

Comments

Hey, I saw the t-shirt in Hot Topic once.

lunaroseemh 0

haha, that's actually pretty funny. and there's nothing wrong with being gay, so shut up OP. this isn't a fml at all.

xfrankenstienx 0

You know what,not Fyl.Instead try f*** your parental skills! Maybe if you would talk to your son more he might've felt better to come out face to face.Yes,faimly reunion is a bad place to wear that shirt but at least he came out in the first place.

hey that's just funny plus he's secure enough with his sexuality to reveal it to the entire family. that is unless veryone already knew besides you

Well thats original of him. Now there's no beating around the bush wondering if he is gay or not.

I love how people think that the son is intentionally trying to embarass his mother by coming out at a family reunion. If he wanted to embarass his mom he'd wear a shirt that had a picture of him making out with another dude, or with a knob in his mouth. And #55 he was obviously intending to come out to his whole family, since maybe, oh I dunno, he wore the shirt at a family reuinion? ******* idiot.

girlygirl666 0

WTF?? Celebrate?? It's the same as getting into Yale?? You have got to be kidding me!! If my kids had ever pulled some ******-up shit like that- I would have wrapped that shirt around their neck and pulled-hard! What a little attention seeking bitch! And- No, finding out your kid is gay is Not a proud moment. Maybe it could be accepted after you get used to the idea, but I'm pretty damn sure no parent looks at their little newborn baby and thinks, " Awww, I hope the baby grows up to be gay..." And No- Im not a homophobe- just a realist. OP- Sorry your son did that to you.

If I had a gay child I wouldn't mind it at all :/ He/she could talk to me openly about it and I'd make sure they let no one ever put them down

I actually know several people who are hoping that they have gay children.

after reading through all the commets they're exactly what i expected. Some people are vehemently opposed to the fact that the kid came out at the reunion, and some are excited that the kid had balls. i think in my opinion it was a combination of both fear and balls. he was afraid that if he did it in a closed area that his parents would disown him, and he figured he may as well get it over with the whole family. I don't think this is necessarily a FML for the fact that he's gay, i believe it's a FML that he chose to do it like that, while it is funny, if he's legit there would have been a better way of going about it. i mean what if his grandmother dropped dead from the shock???? that would have sucked... I hope you learn to love your son for what he is, while he needs to learn a little sensitivity on his part.