By Anonymous - 16/09/2013 17:42 - United States - Buffalo

Today, my son asked me if slavery was ever abolished. He's 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 878
You deserved it 7 404

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Say no and then make him do chores all week.

In his defense, there are still countless slaves in the world.

Comments

ColbyGB 13

All you people who think that slavery is a thing of the past are sadly mistaken. People trafficking from 3rd to 1st world countries is big business and the trafficked are often forced to work for nothing. Google "modern slavery in" (your country) and learn .

mtndewhm 2

Well, it is still a thing in many areas of the world. Hopefully that's what he meant.

Did your son mean within America or the world in general? Because there are places in the world where it is still around and kicking. Legal and accepted. And Human trafficking makes it possible to be about and kicking in even the countries where it is supposedly outlawed. Like Europe, and America... If your son meant the world or/and illegal slavery he asked a very broad question.

Sex slaves, child slaves, working slaves? Still large in many Asian, African, and European countries, as well as U.S.

SeverelyRandom 10

At least he knows what 'abolished' means

Was he specifically speaking about US slavery? Because there is still slavery in the world.

Well the 13th Amendment didn't become officially ratified in Mississippi until this year due to a "technical oversight," sooo...