By Anonymous - 16/09/2013 17:42 - United States - Buffalo

Today, my son asked me if slavery was ever abolished. He's 19. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 878
You deserved it 7 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Say no and then make him do chores all week.

In his defense, there are still countless slaves in the world.

Comments

Maybe he meant worldwide, and not just in America?

AurumPotestasEst 16

Technically it wasn't abolished... it's just illegal.

Your son's so silly! Of course slavery hasn't been abolished! .... Wait, it has? Well, shit. I guess I better start paying the guy who mows my lawn.

Maybe he wasn't referring to the US.There are still several countries throughout the world that still have slavery

The United States still has slavery. We just call it minimum wage.

Anth6ny 9

In the US it has but there's still "legal" slavery in the world.

TheDrifter 23

Of course it was. That's why the sweat shop owners feign shock and outrage when the INS finds theirs.

It's amazing to me how we have an unlimited amount of knowledge available to us via the internet, yet so many people are oblivious to it. As technology advances, the overall intelligence of our species seems to decrease even more rapidly.

I doubt we're getting dumber, it has just become easier to get in touch with people of below average intelligence. I know I've learned a lot through the internet.

I think it's a bit of both. On one hand, people no longer really need to use logical thinking or problem solving because whatever they need to do, "there's an app for that." But I agree that it also makes it much easier to come in contact with people who were already stupid to begin with. It just seems like there are more because we see it more often.

Don't send him to college he needs to repeat from the start.

It's now called "working for someone else."

Well if you live in a 3rd world country it may still exist.