By take a fucking seat, gran - 14/12/2013 22:05 - United States - Fullerton

Today, my psychotic grandma set fire to our Christmas tree because she refuses to let us celebrate what she calls a twisted pagan holiday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 258
You deserved it 4 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To be perfectly honest, the Christmas tree is actually adopted from Germanic pagan traditions and there is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25th. She has a valid point.

What's a family holiday without unstable family members?

Comments

I don't care about your stupid beliefs, I'm so sick of it, organized religion is nothing put a crock of crap and don't tell me I can or can't celebrate everything a certain way because of some outdated piece of written hate literature like the Bible or imaginary angels or not real devils or your fifty-foot tall bearded man looking down from a cloud and all this pagan BS, I don't care if Christmas is Pagan or Christian or Muslim or whatever stupid nonsense you want shoved down my throat, I will celebrate it my own way the way I like it, and that's without all the religious crap behind it, and only to spend time with my parents and having fun opening gifts and eating turkey and looking at decorations, that is all, The End, Good Night!!!

XcuzimsotiredX 25

Well, technically it does originate from a pagan holiday. But now has Christian meanings put behind it. Still, that's pretty crazy to set fire to a tree

The tree is pagan that's it...hope your house okay...

She's right Christmas is only celebrated on the 25th because of the Catholics trying to convert the Catholics

Well...she IS right. Research your own holidays and you will find they have nothing to do with your Jewish savior.

vrock01 2

crustmas is pagan but it seams every one celebrates it exept for like 5 religons lol and there is profd jesus was not even born in the winter let alone in december

hunts19ketchup 23

Crustmas? I don't actually know many people that celebrate that particular holiday...

He/she meant to say "Crispmas"... The well-known winter holiday where you burn a coniferous tree to a crisp inside your house. ;)

It is a twisted pagan holiday but the true reason before the weird shit is the birth of Christ so I wouldn't worry bout the pagan bullshit

Not only is your blatant disrespect for religions different than your own highly offensive, you aren't even correct. The "pagan bullshit" predates your religion by far. The only reason you celebrate the birth of Christ in December is because it falls around the same time as Yule and pagan holidays, symbols, and Holy grounds were taken and changed by the church in an attempt to convert non Christians.