By take a fucking seat, gran - 14/12/2013 22:05 - United States - Fullerton

Today, my psychotic grandma set fire to our Christmas tree because she refuses to let us celebrate what she calls a twisted pagan holiday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 258
You deserved it 4 027

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To be perfectly honest, the Christmas tree is actually adopted from Germanic pagan traditions and there is no proof that Jesus was born on December 25th. She has a valid point.

What's a family holiday without unstable family members?

Comments

Hope no one got hurt and nothing was damaged, the tree can be replaced easily enough.

I would probably break down crying if someone did that to me.

Why? Because trees aren't replaceable. Oh wait there's forests. Because presents aren't repla... Never mind that. Or is it because of the decorations that are melted? Good news you can buy new ones There are better reasons to break down crying.

We are all different and cry for different reasons. Chill.

Well, besides the fact that it's hard to see something you worked hard to decorate destroyed in such a way, but it would also be ******* TERRIFYING to watch your own grandma set fire to something inside your house.

Make a bunch of Christmas tree shaped cookies and give it to her.

she would wind up putting them back in the oven to burn them purposely as well

Only oven? I'm AT LEAST hoping for some flamethrower action! >:D

slickchrome 11

give her a fuel bucket while your at it

Yeah, Grandma, it's totally the HOLIDAY that's twisted.

perdix 29

Does "psychotic" mean "knowledgeable about ancient history?" Lots of elements of today's Christmas observance derive from pagan practices. Blasphemious, yes, but hella fun, too!

I think OP was refereeing to the arson as psychotic.

perdix 29

#25, good point, settling differences with fire is barbaric, even by old world standards, she should have smited them instead.

CyberGothic 16

Isn't "smote" the past tense form of "smite"?

perdix 29

#48, maybe, but the past participle is "smitten." I'm not really sure what it means, but it's ancient -- even before MY day ;)

CyberGothic 16

"Smitten" has an entirely different context.

fire, smite, barbaric? .... almost sounds like a diablo 2 reference

actually the use of a tree during Christmas is derived from the pagan holidays of the winter solstice so she's partially right nothing evil about it tho

it is on the same day as a pagan holiday Jesus was born in spring not winter