By Anonymous - 14/04/2012 11:10 - Egypt - Cairo

Today, my parents invited my Muslim boyfriend over for dinner for the first time. My mother made sure that everything including the salad had pork in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 556
You deserved it 7 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

robinhood007 9

That's extremely disrespectful....I feel so bad for you. Fyl

robinhood007 9

Ok for people thumbing me down, I am ashamed to be a part of the human race with you if you're that ignorant. Western cultures expect respect and yet most don't care about other cultures...ridiculous.

Comments

Nothing says commitment better than a hamful of pork

thejewishfuhrer 17

OP's parents went ham on making dinner.

robinhood007 9

That's extremely disrespectful....I feel so bad for you. Fyl

robinhood007 9

Ok for people thumbing me down, I am ashamed to be a part of the human race with you if you're that ignorant. Western cultures expect respect and yet most don't care about other cultures...ridiculous.

I'm a white man from the US, yet I completely agree with you. Remember, there are ignorant people in every culture.

robinhood007 9

Haha normally I don't care but people are being rude to Muslim beliefs and it makes me angry

robinhood007 9

And I meant that like they're most of the time ruder to Muslims culture than others.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
robinhood007 9

Are you serious? You're a dumbass who obviously knows nothing about cultures other than your own.

pinkcrayola 0

Humans are animals too but we don't eat them...at least most of us. Everyone has their own thing.

4, I can't decide if you're really THAT ignorant or just trolling. I'll settle for stupid. :D

habibiiiiiii 2

It's not like Muslims are disrespecting people by telling them what to eat so don't disrespect us and tell us what we should eat. Douchebag.

chels1994 11

Okay... I know absolutely nothing about the Muslim culture or religion, but even I was able to piece together (and judge from more educated commenters) that it is against that religion to eat pork. I highly doubt it is a choice that OPs boyfriend can make on his own. Show a little respect, honestly.

r0ckoman 0

pigs are considers dirty animals to Muslims smart ass

jerseyboy732 16

do they have Chinese take out in Egypt?

stormer461 13

I would be sad if I wasn't allowed to eat pork. That would mean no bacon :(

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
wlddog 14

I love eating pigs. They are yummy to my tummy. If the boy has a problem with it he shouldn't date her. Her family should not be expected to change their life to fulfill his stupid decision to not eat something.

redhedsaysrawr 18

youre a dumbass, ok? thats someone's RELIGION. im sorry, but there are some things about a religion you just cannot change... thats like saying "oh his girlfriend eats Kosher stuff so they cant be together" for a Jewish person... Please go educate yourself...

robinhood007 9

And to make matters even worse, the way OP wrote her FML it implies the mother did it on purpose. You're ridiculous and need to learn things before commenting on something you know nothing about.