By Anonymous - 13/06/2014 09:27 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, I had dinner for the first time with my boyfriend's parents. It was awkward enough without his mom asking, "So, what do you do for fun, besides my son?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 742
You deserved it 6 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least she has a sense of humour.OP your lucky!

Proper answer: nothing. Proceed to put on sunglasses, and moonwalk out of the room.

Comments

At least she has a sense of humour.OP your lucky!

brettrb 18

If his mom is already that cool with you, it will be an easy relationship for you OP.

I'm sorry to be that guy, but it should be "you're".

The very definition of epic parenting.

I don't see anything wrong with his mom's comment.

Unless she didn't say it as a joke and said it disapprovingly. I really hope she was joking though and trying to lighten the mood.

ChristianH39 30

I agree with 41. If OP says it was already awkward she was probably just trying to break the Ice. And she did. And it was awesome.

1dvs_bstd 41

why can't people use 'you're' and 'your' 'then' and 'than' right? i mean after all the years on the web? you're = you are. your = possessive. come on people, except you're not a native english speaker. gee whiz *rant over* OP at least it's better than parents who'd like to point a shotgun at anyone their kid is going out with. Plus, it's hilarious.. where'd your funny bone go?

#22 -- When people say they're sorry or they hate being "that guy", it's usually a blatant lie. Ease off, if he posted it from his phone the autocorrect might have screwed him over, rather than helped him.

Well 51, I don't think it's fair to rant about grammar when you aren't putting capital letters in correctly. Plus "except you're not a native speaker"? That's missing a word.

Awwwww c'mon we don't need the grammar/spelling police here, lighten up!

chlorinegreen 27

Honestly joke or not a joke I wouldn't want my boyfriends parents saying that to me. Awkward and embarrassing. I would also be a little offended. I feel like they should respect my privacy. I don't talk about their sex lives. I would think that would be disrespectful. I know I'll be thumbed down but those are my views on the subject.

Proper answer: nothing. Proceed to put on sunglasses, and moonwalk out of the room.

Ouch! You could've said, "Your daughter!" :P

loooloool 13

What if she has only a son...

groovycrazyjoe 18

or she could've said her husband if she have one

Jasmine_de 10

Oh wow that must have been awkward

Meaniebobeanie 26

That's not exactly a good conversation starter.