By failure - 16/07/2009 16:25 - Canada

Today, my parents are freaking at me because I just got my report and I failed my first year of college. They told me they have never been more disappointed in me. I have to tell them that I'm also pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 613
You deserved it 102 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouchh, uhh, No offence, but perhaps you should have spent less time getting sex, and more time focusing on your failing education..

This is more "I ****** up" than "**** my life." You made bad decisions and you fully deserve the consequences.

Comments

sounds just like my friend; except i didn't say YDI to her face, cuz shes goin thru alot

Rach012 0

get an abortion and then focus on your education. make a rule. no more sex until marriage. prove your parents wrong. be more succesful then them.

Oh, please don't pull that "no sex until marriage" bullshit.

a lot of people dont believe in abortions..its not always that easy to start over

Veldan 1

@38, usually those people haven't just ****** their life over by failing first year and getting knocked up. Sounds cold but it may actually be kinder on the child than being raised by such a woman with the kind of life a college drop out can provide. A stupid one at that who will probably get knocked up many more times as protection was obviously an after thought.

Since when the **** is abortion birth control?!?! That is the worst thing to suggest! Have you had an abortion? Do you know what the mental side effects are? My mother cries every year during the week she got her abortion over 20 years ago. Don't go pushing that shit on other people. She was irresponsible and got pregnant. She can have the baby and PUT IT UP FOR ADOPTION! Being pregnant will not distract her from school and if she doesn't want to keep the baby she doesn't have to. Don't give me the whole 'It's her body!' bullshit. She did what she wanted to with her body and got pregnant and made a mistake, which is human, and I'm not condemning her, but now she has no right to rip life away from someone else because of her mistake. Abortion would be her second mistake and she would regret it for the rest of her life. Gosh, society makes me sick to my stomach. OP, please consider adoption over abortion. There are so many parents dying to have children they can't produce. Don't kill an innocent life because something bad happened to you. Two wrongs don't make a right, cliche yes, true though. Good luck.

I'm sorry, but I'm 22, a semester away from graduating with a bachelors and I've been having sex the whole four years (granted, with the same person but that's not the point). She was an irresponsible ***** who apparently decided ******* was more important than going to class and now she's ****** her life up. If I were her parents and I had paid for that first year of failure I'd make her pay it back. Every person who has said the first year of college is hard is a ******* idiot who shouldn't have gone in the first place. The first few months it was hard for me to adjust to being completely independent and on my own, but I still managed to party my ass off and go to class and I got a 3.8 GPA.

You also can't say shit about whether it really is or not, because different schools have different levels of difficulty from what I've seen and heard. So everyone going 'omg, first year is hard' and 'are you retarded? No it isn't.' need to lay off. Your one experience does NOT encompass all schools, classes, and majors.

I just wanted to point out, thatwhile it MAY effect some people like that, not everyone will be so traumatized by abortion as your mother was. Adoption can, honestly, be just as bad. many of the agencies are working for the people who are going to take the child and not for the one carrying the child and many people who started down that path felt like that were being forced into it after they first started looking into it. They just never show that side of adoption, but it does exist.

No "FML" definite YFDI. Good going *****

tubaguy42 0

well, you just ****** up, didn't you? nice job.

too bad the community (aka US) is going to have to support this girl and her baby for the next... oh, forever.

ninjapox 0

I totally understand. My freshman year of college was really difficult as well...I know it is super easy to say "Wow, I messed up" NOW, but when you are in the middle of everything it is sometimes difficult to catch yourself. Yes, you messed up. But try and tell me that anybody who posted telling this poor girl she is a **** and deserved everything she got has never messed up. Good luck with your parents, and I hope things get better for you.

I'd say she ****** up. *waits for the cheap pun to sink in* I call her a ***** and a **** because she was stupid enough to let **** get in the way of her Freshman year of college, which is about as easy as remembering to pull your pants up after you take a shit. There's no excuse for failing, except that fact that she is a failure.

tubaguy42 0

there's quite a bit of difference between messing up and failing an entire year of college and getting pregnant. messing up is sleeping through your alarm and missing a test. failing AN ENTIRE YEAR and getting knocked up in the process is far worse than messing up.

ninjapox 0

I totally agree she messed up. And of course I expect her to work harder at school and put her kid up for adoption (or get an abortion) but calling her a ***** is not going to make her feel more motivated to do what she needs to to turn her life around, or change the fact that she did the things she did.

A jaded, anonymous "My life sucks" website is NOT the place to come and mention your fuckups and then expect support. lol

I never ****** up THAT bad. Think before you act.

...wow. that sucks. yes the first year of college is the hardest, but you ****** up. good luck to you.

alex_vik 0

Wow, you really ****** the rest of your life. Good job.

God you suck. Now if I can ever find a job in this recession after getting laid off my tax dollars are going to have to support your piece of shit family.

One of the biggest YDI I have given in a while.