By failure - 16/07/2009 16:25 - Canada

Today, my parents are freaking at me because I just got my report and I failed my first year of college. They told me they have never been more disappointed in me. I have to tell them that I'm also pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 613
You deserved it 102 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouchh, uhh, No offence, but perhaps you should have spent less time getting sex, and more time focusing on your failing education..

This is more "I ****** up" than "**** my life." You made bad decisions and you fully deserve the consequences.

Comments

Whatevers_clever 0

Well deserved YDI. You're probably on school probation and a baby will only make school hard and I don't see you passing anything after a kid. Sucks for you. You're poor parents.... and future child. Maybe if you had closed your legs and studied more, this wouldn't have happened.

i think im one of the only people here who has complete sympathy for you. im against abortions so i wouldnt suggest that..thats the easy way out anyways. you can prove your parents wrong by doing better in college AND supporting your child; thats the best thing you can do right now. keep your head up and dont let these people bring you down!

MiriamSingsLoud 0

Abortion isn't the "easy way out." It may seem like it at the time, but many women regret it for the rest of their lives. There can be medical consequences as well. OP: the stakes are high, and abortion can't be undone, so don't let this be a decision made out of fear. Talk to a counselor and find out what resources are available to you; 800-395-HELP is good. I wish you the very best.

1-800-230-PLAN. It's not too late. Exercise your rights, rededicate yourself to school, take the pill, and insist upon condoms too.

newguy_fml 0

Well, she didn't do too well with introductory courses without a kid. I bet advanced classes with a baby might be a bit more than she already can't handle.

Good job, ****. Now your parents have twice the reason to think you're stupid and will never go anywhere in your life. :D

kandai 0

okay, its called comdoms hun

you mean *condoms? and those dont work 100% of the time.

I doubt she was using those anyway. A stupid **** like her probably thought the pull-out method was more effective. XD

Masturbation is underrated, honey. It keeps you out of a lot of trouble.

Kristoffer 35

A pregnant boy? That's ridiculous! http://notalwaysright.com/a-word-away-from-being-manhandled/2228

Ligerie 0

To everyone saying the first year of college is hard, it's not. But some people are too stupid to balance their time. Rather than partying and fooling around, I spent my time doing actual work and averaged a 3.8. Clearly it's not that damn difficult, you just have to, I dunno, put EFFORT into shit.

I agree. I go to a huge party school but still managed to keep a 3.7 GPA. in fact, I'd say the first year is probably the easiest year of college, because after that you have to focus on your major and take difficult classes. in conclusion, YDI

themixedt4pe 0

Yep, I got a 3.8 GPA, and made the Dean's list both semesters. Honestly it was a piece of cake.

Word. And even assuming you're in a tough major, straight up FAILING is still pretty hard to do.

ihatestupidppl 0

Can't say anything #60, 69, 71, and 77 haven't already said. I don't think the first year is a "piece of cake" exactly, but its certainly the easiest year of them all. And no, you don't have to be a totally reclusive bookworm either. Plenty of people party and have a great time without COMPLETELY FAILING. So yeah, OP deserved it, no doubt.

At my Uni, about 25% of the engineers switch out of the program in the first year due to near failing grades (below a 2.0). And many of these kids put effort into it, just not the same amount of efford required. Some programs are harder than others. The first year of the program is designed in such a way that weeds out the people who actually want to work versus those who don't. But it happens wayy to often to say someone deserved it. Perhaps her current major was just not for her.

scorpioserpent 1

Yeah, many ppl switch out of the harder majors like engineering bc they realize they cannot handle it and go to something easy like business. I'm an engineering major. I got a 3.76 my first year. But in the first place, I seriously doubt she had a hard major....so YDI. The only way you flunk is if you don't even go to class most of the time.

xlaurenxashleyx 0

I know the feeling. I've been there. Expect I didn't keep my daughter. I failed my 1st and 3rd semsters of college. Take the classes again see if u can get the same teachers, its always easier that way. It'll work out as for u being pregnant u really gotta think hun, and its going to be really really hard...good luck! Everything will work out! Just keep your head up

Njord09 2

at least we know what you were doing instead of studying right? lol, but yeah FYL.