By failure - 16/07/2009 16:25 - Canada

Today, my parents are freaking at me because I just got my report and I failed my first year of college. They told me they have never been more disappointed in me. I have to tell them that I'm also pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 613
You deserved it 102 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ouchh, uhh, No offence, but perhaps you should have spent less time getting sex, and more time focusing on your failing education..

This is more "I ****** up" than "**** my life." You made bad decisions and you fully deserve the consequences.

Comments

Get an abortion... Then do better next year.. Problem solved.

themixedt4pe 0

Your parents have every right to freak out. I hope they weren't paying for your college, because if they were, I don't think they will be anymore. At any rate, SOMEONE payed a lot of money so you could get knocked up. The first semester of college isn't hard at all if you're responsible. Obviously you weren't, so YDI because you did all of this to yourself, and you're getting absolutely no sympathy from me. Having a social life in college is important, but that's NOT what college is all about. I hope your kid grows up to be more responsible than their mother. And #33, waiting for marriage is NOT bullshit. Just because SOME people can't keep their legs together doesn't mean NO ONE can.

Njord09 2

i think you are being a bit over-judgmental in that statement. Some people can keep their legs apart and never get pregnant by using something called "condom" , or even some women take pills :P Besides is the bible teach us anything is that abstinence is only 99% effective, right virgin mary?

Waiting for marriage IS bullshit. The thought of no sex before marriage is for the brainwashed, because it's outdated religious CRAP.

I don't think waiting for marriage is bullshit. But neither is not waiting until marriage. It's a ******* preference, so people need to chill out and stop feeling so personally offended because someone else has a different opinion.

themixedt4pe 0

Oh, I'm not saying that having sex before marriage is terrible, honestly if done responsibly (and I'm not saying the OP didn't use a condom either, they may well have), I really don't have a problem with it. However, she's still 100% responsible (or rather, irresponsible) for the fact that she FAILED her first year of college. And the decision to have sex is up to the couple, and I don't mean to pry into other peoples' business. I'm just saying that some people choose to wait until they're married. It doesn't make the decision "bullshit" as #33 said.

themixedt4pe 0

#76 It's not "outdated religious crap" either. Though some people do wait for religious reasons, I'm a DEIST (if you don't know what that means, look it up) and I'm still waiting. It's called a personal decision! Last time I checked, that was the opposite of being brainwashed.

I hope you and your spouse have horrible sexual chemistry.

Mulada 0

105, I LOVE your maturity! How dare 70 have a differant opinion!

themixedt4pe 0

Way to be a hypocrite midwestjerk. Calling the OP a "brain-dead *****" and then saying waiting for sex is BS. And you didn't think anyone would notice... Anyway, I hope your life is filled with fun, frivolity, and orgasms. Just don't get into too much trouble, alright?

@79- Kudos. Waiting for marriage isn't (always) religious crap and not waiting for marriage isn't (always) a stupid-as-hell thing to do. They're both PERSONAL PREFERENCES. I can't speak from the other side, but I've always chosen to wait for marriage. One because I'm kinda sentimental that way, but the other because a friend of mine got HIV from someone who thought he was clean, but had a tendency to drink too much at parties (and then hook up afterwards). So, midwestjerk, why don't you try telling her that waiting for marriage is just "religious crap?"

Ah, you people make me giggle. Enjoy your little lives.

nicoleanddrake 0

noone was lookin for an essay.

shewasalmost18 0

your life sucks. congratulations on having no future

freaking 0

These comments you had are freaking me out ! I hope i'm writing well, i'm not english speaker. I wish you to deal good with it. Hope you like to be a mother and otherwise abort and not feel guilty about it. Try to make your year at college, it's important and if you wish to have the baby, you'll not be the first who assume both. Be brave, try to make your life what you want it to be and don't listen to all of those pricks !! You 're not a *****, you're just a girl living her life, don't listen to anybody, make your life the way you want it, don't matter what others will think about it !!! I suport you whatever your decisions will be at 200% !!

Jesus Christ you people disgust me. I love how the fact that she failed and the fact that she's pregnant are somehow connected - like one couldn't have happened without the other. She's obviously just a "braindead *****" who spent her first year "partying and ******* anything with a dick", right? No possibility whatsoever that she's in a committed relationship and was just unlucky. No possibility that she could have been struggling with personal/life issues that affected her ability to study. And there's certainly no chance that she'll pull through and manage to finish school. Nope, it's just way easier to assume the worst about a girl you know nothing about. Granted, it is possible she slacked off/partied, but do you people have any idea how many students go through the same damn thing at least a little bit before getting it together? I slacked, and borderline failed my own first year, but pulled my act together just fine.

skullbuster 0

@Lackadaisy_baby: I read your post with great interest. You're right, we don't know anything about this girl except she failed courses in her first year of college and she got knocked up around the time grades were posted. So, let's give the girl a break here and stop suggesting she is some drunken frat ***** and face the fact that maybe, just maybe, she studied her little heart out and got knocked up by her regular boyfriend. OP, the only difference between the two options is that the former suggests you may be fun (when not failing and getting knocked up) while the latter suggests that you are just really dumb! I want to believe you are fun... And, OP, don't listen to these people and their opinions about what is best for you and your baby - it's none of our business and you will make the best decision for both of you.

shadow_duv 0

u fail at life, having a child at that age will completely rot your life away. Sad to say but you have no future whatsoever. haha

Mulada 0

Thomas Edison was homeschooled, you know.

kaleid0scopeEyes 0

thomas edison also lived during a very different time period than us...

Mulada 0

Yes, but I'm assuming they had brains back then, right? And that we have brains too, right? I'm just saying that alot of homeschoolers are actually pretty smart. I'm not saying I haven't met the oddball homeschooler or the dimwit homeschooler, but isn't that like saying private schoolers are snooty bastards and public schoolers are dumbass rebels?

skullbuster 0

OP: Well, if you had spent a little less time last semester with your legs spread and a little more time cracking the books, you wouldn't be here trolling for sympathy from a bunch of strangers. Ah, freshman year, the memories...

fretforyerlatte 0

wow, epic fail at life. i'm sure they'll be very excited to learn that not only are you not going to be able to support yourself, you'll have a kid living you in their house forever.