By Brasilian29 - 11/12/2014 12:01 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend of 2 years after eating in a 5-star restaurant. She said that she wasn't ready and that she would walk home by herself, which she did. A homeless gentleman walked up from behind me, patted me on the back and said, "Bitches man." I cried. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 775
You deserved it 3 381

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I propose he might have been in the same situation before.

Just wait awhile, OP. She'll come around eventually.

Comments

Just wait awhile, OP. She'll come around eventually.

Or maybe OP should mail her half the bill, if she wants to walk home by herself maybe she should pay for herself as well

How do you know she didn't? Why are you making assumptions about OP's girlfriend? She had every right to say no, and she didn't do anything wrong. This probably really came out of the blue.

#15, Walking home by herself just means she needs to think, it doesn't mean that the relationship is over. And, yeah, way to be chauvinist by assuming they didn't split the bill.

OP wouldn't be complaining about the 5 star restaurant if they had split the bill

I remember an fml about a girl who turned down a proposal and then drove home awkwardly together with op (they were far from home and only had the one car). People called her inconsiderate for not giving him space. Now this one is doing just that and people like #15 are getting pissed. Moral of the story; no matter how nicely a person tries to turn down a proposal, there will always be someone who has a problem with it.

But anyways, don't get too discouraged OP. Your gf just said she wasn't ready yet (2 years can seem pretty fast for some people), not that she won't ever want to marry you in the future. The situation sucks, but if you guys stick together I'm sure everything will work out in it's own time :-)

#29 I dunno, I think it's a pretty safe assumption that he footed the bill with the intent of proposing marriage afterwards. That being said, #15 sounds like an ass.

sparxva 12

No. If she isn't ready after two years, then dump her and move on. Your time is valuable and should not be wasted on someone who hasn't figured out whether they want to marry you after two years. One-two years is a reasonable time period. Move on.

sparxva 12

Two years is long enough to figure whether or not she wants to marry you. Move on and find someone else.

I propose he might have been in the same situation before.

Either that or he somehow watched Warm Bodies.

NellieeNell 18

#60 I am so confused by your comment. What does that movie have to do with this post? 0_o

nitrog100 21

M says that line to R in the movie.

There's a button for if someone's life definitely sucks, not 'defenitly.'

Seriously? He's not typing on a phone not a keyboard.

Unless you're typing on a flip phone, you should be able to spell 'definitely' with no problem. You know, since a ridiculous majority of phones nowadays have spell check...

I'm sorry OP, if you really love her and she loves you then just give it time :)

sparxva 12

Two years was enough time. Don't become one of these people who 'dates' for six years and their girlfriend/boyfriend is never willing to make the commitment to get married. Just move on.

lowkeybelieber 7

That sounds like a bitch OP. Sort you had to go through that

She's not a bitch for not being ready to get married. Sure, it sucks for the OP that she said no, but she is entitled to her own ideas about marriage.

#7 said "That's a bitch" not "She's a bitch". Two different things, the post meaning the situation is a bitch not the girlfriend.

Actually #7 said "That sounds like a bitch OP" which can easily be interpreted either way. He/she could be saying the situation sounds like a bitch or that the girl sounds like a bitch. lowkeybelieber needs to clarify which they meant before anyone can say whether or not #23 was actually wrong in how they read the post.

This really isn't a: "dump that bitch and move on OP" Fml. If the girlfriend says she's not ready, she's not ready so just give her time. Good things come to those who wait.

I feel bad for you, op. But she doesn't have to say yes just because you take her to fancy restaurant.

#10, it sounds to me like he was just trying to make the night extra special for her. The proposal was part of the extra special night, but he obviously didn't get the answer he was hoping for and is very saddened at the least. This FML is heartbreaking to me.

I know! And I completely agree. I just feel like he's trying to make her out to be the bad guy, when she's not. I get that he's disappointed, but surely it would have been just as heartbreaking in a McDonalds.

SystemofaBlink41 27

I honestly didn't get a hint of OP making her to be the 'bad guy'. Which sounds weird, but 'bad girl' sounds too naughty.