By heartless - 11/03/2010 21:07 - United States

Today, my mom told me she can't wait for me to turn eighteen so she can turn my room into a place for her to display all her antique glass dolls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 561
You deserved it 2 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just like I'm sure you've told her that you can't wait until you're eighteen to move out and be on your own.... Is it so weird for your mom to have a conversation with you that you turn running the other way? or are you upset that she's exciting to soon have a room for herself/her stuff? Idk, I think you're overreacting. It's not like she said she's kicking you out, and it's not as if she would keep your room exactly the way you kept it once you are moved out anyways.

Comments

quarterback7 0

boo hoo dont be a pus do u want her to keep it there forever

nessalujin 0

@15 that's something I would totally do. Imagine her expression when she saw it. Lol!

Most sane parents don't keep their kids' rooms as shrines after they move out. I don't see the FML here, except that she expects you to go off to college or trade school immediately after graduation, like most everybody else. Let your mom have the room she pays for to enjoy, and have fun setting up your *own* space in your *own* apartment or dorm room.

My bedroom is now an office, so what? Parents usually change your room into something else when you move out, that's how it goes. I wish there were a "get over it" button sometimes.

tisk tisk tisk.. now you are no longer wise.. such a shame, really.. wtf am i talking about =o

omg my moms planning the same thing... but for antiques!

youthink_fml 0

So what? Most parents look forward to their teenagers to grow up and move out and most know what they want to do with the kid's room. This is not a FML. Totally agree with #92 - get over it.

Now, there is nothing for you to do except go to Europe.

confucious 0

When all you dumb teenagers turn 18, you should move out. Welcome to the real world. All of you just mooch off of us parents. Payback is a bitch!!!!!!

Psycho_Babydoll 26

Hey. You guys chose to have kids. Parenting isn't just for 18 years, it's for life. If you're not happy about supporting your offspring, maybe you should invest in birth control.