By Sadasian - 14/08/2009 06:19 - United States

Today, my mom and dad were arguing. It started getting really heated, so I tried to go break it up. But within a couple of minutes, my mom wanted to make a statement by throwing a plate to the ground, forgetting I was beside her. I now have a throbbing foot with shards of glass in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 156
You deserved it 4 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't making a statement. She was being an irrational idiot.

fmlfmlfml15 0

ouch...FYL Lesson learned: NEVER intervene when your parents are fighting!!

Comments

special_k10 0

this is a lie FML. asians do NOT live in connecticut.

bonnieshadster 0

I completely understand. My mother accidentally missed my father and hit me in the face with a phone. Aren't parents lovely?

well...i bet that stopped the fight. lol.

Dude, you don't intervene when you're parents are fighting. Ever.

broken_princess 0

haha. this is why you stay out of fights. and #28 FTW!! :D

ftskfan 0

Ah, fear the dish-throwers, I was always a door-slammer myself.

FYL for having parents that need you to raise them. But next time, please get the glass out of your foot before running to your computer.

thereitgo 1

I really feel for you on this one OP, cause something like this has almost exactly happened to my family, aside from that I didn't get hurt. I'm sure what happened at least immediately stopped the fight. In my situation, my mom had started throwing plates of food, but at this point I stepped in to intervene, and actually had to physically prevent my dad from getting at her. So to anyone saying "couples fight, you should never step in", if I hadn't stopped it that time, my mom would likely have been seriously injured, so yeah, you should try to stop it if starts getting physical; if they are only yelling, it's normal. People, the reason girls would rather use some object to break or use as a weapon if they're fighting with a male is because they might not feel empowered enough to fend him off physically by themselves, and oftentimes, they aren't. Or else wife beaters would have their asses kicked by their wives and would not exist.

You're looking too far into this -_- , seriously. This isn't about domestic abuse. And, if your mom was throwing plates of food at your dad he had every right to get at her and beat her up, and I honestly don't care if a bitch like that is physically injured. the OP was discussing a situation where it was thrown on the ground, irrelevent. -_-, if a girl is fighting with a man, and feels the need to have him physically fended off, you're obviously talking about one disturbed woman or a situation different then the ones the OP and commenters are mentioning. Not all women are capable of beating up their husband. and please, shut up with all this feminism, it's completely irrelevent.

then she got annoyed that she hit u and started beating u with a bat