By kenzamee - 04/03/2014 14:39 - United States - Sherwood

Today, I left a message for a potential employer. It wasn't until after I'd hung up that I realized I'd given them their own phone number to call me back at. Not getting that job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 601
You deserved it 9 709

kenzamee tells us more.

I called them back! It was just a funny and embarrassing mistake. Interview next week!

Top comments

AnOriginalName 19

So you gave them your future number? Nice. I like that style.

I would think as an employer, it would look better for you if you did. You made a mistake, worked out a solution to fix it and acted on it. Sounds much better than "this muppet left the wrong number and never called back"

Comments

asnakelovinbabe 16

So call them back...? This shouldn't be a hard concept really -.-

I would think as an employer, it would look better for you if you did. You made a mistake, worked out a solution to fix it and acted on it. Sounds much better than "this muppet left the wrong number and never called back"

JMichael 25
buttcramp 21

34, that's a really good point! I did this once before and was too embarrassed to call back. I hadn't looked at it this way.

inner_peace 19

We all make mistakes. I'm sure any employer would look more favorably on someone fixing a mistake, as what has been said here

saraitkddh 47

try to call them back, they may even laugh at it and still give you a chance and don't worry I am sure this or something similar happened to all of us before

onealmxwilson 18

Call them back and explain your mistake. I'm sure they would understand and it wouldn't hurt your chances of being hired too much if you're qualified for the job.

Why don't you call them back and say your name plus phone number?

AnOriginalName 19

So you gave them your future number? Nice. I like that style.

Call them back, that can't be the stupidest mistake they've encountered. Don't just let the opportunity go by. They'll probably be impressed by your courage if you call back. Good luck.

Well get your ass over there and apologize

I wonder if he is going to call. ;)

hotPinklipstick 24

Just call them back and explain that you were a little nervous and made a mistake. If they aren't going to hire you over a small mistake like that, then you probably don't need to be at a place like that anyways.