By Sadasian - 14/08/2009 06:19 - United States

Today, my mom and dad were arguing. It started getting really heated, so I tried to go break it up. But within a couple of minutes, my mom wanted to make a statement by throwing a plate to the ground, forgetting I was beside her. I now have a throbbing foot with shards of glass in it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 156
You deserved it 4 100

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't making a statement. She was being an irrational idiot.

fmlfmlfml15 0

ouch...FYL Lesson learned: NEVER intervene when your parents are fighting!!

Comments

Ehehehehehe!!! I love it when 'statements' backfire! Favourited *

and that is why you never walk barefoot unless you're in the shower!!! but still FYL... my mom poured boiling water over my hand when she was arguing with my dad!!!! I saw my bone dude!! u should be happy!!!!

TobyLuckhurst 0

...why would someone have a plate made of glass? Still, FYL, good luck with your parents...

most plates are made of glass...besides the plactic baby plates you must use...

Really? I only have 10 glass plates in my house, or shatterable plates (I'm 14, I don't know shit about whether ceramic plates are glass :| ) and almost all of my plates are paper

This is why you stay out of the way and don't interfere. Would you want your mom trying to stop you and your girlfriend from arguing?

omgwhatanfml 0

lol thats one way to stop the argument? woulda gonna like this "can one of you guys stop arguing and drive me to the emergency room? if they said no, thats 2 fml's for the price of 1 lol

Soup_fml 0

Ah, this brings back fond memories of growing up with my older brother and sister. Exploding pans of macaroni flying through the kitchen, screaming matches at 3 AM, and threatening each other with axes. Parents though, my Dad was more likely to do things like smashing a croquet mallet on the ground until it broke because he was losing, or yelling at me after accidentally bashing me in the head with one. You just can't put a price on those treasured family memories.

o_O . Wow...your parents are more ****** up then my mom....a little.

panthersrule95 0

Dude, you should have stayed out of it.

Darenator 0

you guys should stop passing judgement and telling him he should have stayed out of it.

FML was meh. That comment was pure win.

Your mom is an idiot. Hysterical people are 4th from the bottom on my list. I absolutely cannot stand anyone who is willing to smash a plate to say "I'M REALLY ANGRY". That's something that even CHILDREN don't do.

I agree but you can't compare them to children. Kids whine about things like not getting ice cream - parents whine about serious life ******* problems like money. My parents are divorced and I think their heated arguments were warranted. Maybe breaking a plate is better than hurting someone physically.