By Anonymous - 27/05/2013 22:15 - United States - Lehi

Today, my in-laws came for dinner. My 5-year-old son chose that as the perfect time to say, "Good girls always swallow!" when my daughter coughed up some of her food. I have no idea where he heard it, but my mother-in-law blamed me, and my wife had to convince her not to call CPS on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 037
You deserved it 3 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's more than just a little extreme. That's in the realm of insanely extreme.

Mother in laws know how to swallow more than anyone , they just don't admit it. That's why they try to make themselves seem to perfect.

Comments

To me that sounds like it could almost be innocent. Like and older person telling that to a child and he over heard. I know it's a derogatory term but I think in this instance someone used it innocently... maybe like day care?

yesyesnonono 10

He may have never never even heard that sentence but simply meant that it's the right/typical thing to do to swallow your food rather than cough it up. The sexual act of swallowing probably had absolutely no bearing on what he meant.

timss4 19

Lol definitely could've heard it at school even when you're 5. I heard tht stuff as early as 2nd grade and that was 16 years ago before kids got as crazy as they are now

Something a teacher taught me: you can help yourself (or your image at least) while being screamed at - by keeping your decibals low. Maybe CPS would investigate the correct person when called :P

PaintedTempest 14

Now this is of now fault of your own, OP, but it is a sad world we live it today when our children curse, sag their pants, make perverted jokes, and grow up having role models like Justin Bieber. And it was wrong of your in-laws to think that way. The kid is five for Pete's sake!

As much as I undertand your being embarrassed I have to say the image of a 5year-old saying that sort of things made me laugh my head off. I just hope mine will never do that to me.

"Good Girls Swallow" is also a way to say eat your food and swallow it (basically eating disorders awareness). I don't think the kid meant it as a sexual reference.

Moms in law isn't calling anyone. The authorities could just as we'll said moms in law taught him that. Good girls swish it around in their mouth then swallow.

"Good girls swallow" is actually an anti-eating disorder slogan put out by the Joy Project (joyproject.org).

I think some people already said this on here, but it is an ad-campaign against eating disorders. He probably saw it on a commercial.