Charming

By Anonymous - 02/12/2023 11:00 - United Kingdom

Today, a girl I met on Tinder described herself as curvy and sent me pictures. We agreed to meet and let me say… those pictures were at least 10 years and 15 stone ago. She was no longer curvy or even just overweight, she was grossly obese. I could smell the unwashed skin under her fat rolls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 569
You deserved it 128

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sigh.. Just when I was about to warn you that some people were going to lash out at you for judging her by her weight... it's already happened!!

Well there are at least some things that you can clean from a person's appearance if they are obese. You can tell how much they eat, how often they bathe, how often they work out, and maybe a few other things. Calling someone shallow for not being attracted to an obese person is rather shortsighted. My guess is you are obese and don't like your fellows being judged. The problem is this girl misrepresented herself and attracted a guy based on pictures. Pictures also don't show your personality. They only show how you look. This is not a great way for people who don't look good to meet people who want to find someone who looks good. I know that they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I was speaking from the beholder's perspective.

Comments

dongdong xiang 10

wow you are so shallow. judging someone by the size of their body before getting to know them. she could be your soulmate for all you know but because she doesn’t look like a supermodel you won’t give her a chance. Don’t judge a book by its cover. smh unacceptable.

Well there are at least some things that you can clean from a person's appearance if they are obese. You can tell how much they eat, how often they bathe, how often they work out, and maybe a few other things. Calling someone shallow for not being attracted to an obese person is rather shortsighted. My guess is you are obese and don't like your fellows being judged. The problem is this girl misrepresented herself and attracted a guy based on pictures. Pictures also don't show your personality. They only show how you look. This is not a great way for people who don't look good to meet people who want to find someone who looks good. I know that they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I was speaking from the beholder's perspective.

dongdong xiang 10

So according to you obese people don’t deserve love because of the way they look? Not all obese people “don’t work out or don’t shower” There’s people with genetics, thyroid conditions etc. Writing someone off because they don’t fit YOUR standard of beauty is shallow and selfish. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. By the way, I am not obese. I am someone who sees the good in others regardless of how they look.

dragonladiesfire 19

1.) OP was being misled through pictures. 2.) OP mentioned that the girl stank. 3.) billsonhamsen didn't say obese people don't deserve love. 4.) Yes, personality matters! Hygiene and health does too!

no they are not shallow. this person blatantly lied and catfished. that's never ok. also everyone has a preference. if he isn't attracted to a obese person it doesn't matter if they have a great personality. although I highly doubt this person has a great personality because they lied. it also is unattractive when someone can't properly wash themselves. you are shallow for automatically attacking the open because they don't like liars

Ok, let's ignore her obesity for a minute and take a look at her other qualities: using old and way outdated photos of herself on a dating app to catfish potential dates, and not bathing properly to the point of developing rank B.O. If you haven't met your soulmate yet, let me ask you this: Do you see your soulmate as someone who lies to try to snake their way into other people's personal lives, and/or as someone who can't be bothered to exercise proper hygiene?

dongdong xiang 10

FFS she didn’t lie. If she did she would have used pictures of someone else. DUH And studies show people who have “preferences” will never have a happy love life because their standards of beauty are ****** up. Superficial shit will get you nowhere in life.

Sigh.. Just when I was about to warn you that some people were going to lash out at you for judging her by her weight... it's already happened!!

I obviously doesn't have a problem with some weight. the problem is the lying, way obese and can't be bothered to wash properly. if she can't be bothered to keep herself clean enough for a date then how clean does she keep herself on a daily basis. that's gross.

009bouris 5

why is it so shocking that men don’t want to be with obese women as a rule of thumb? most of human language is body language if yours says I have no discipline no time to take care of myself nobody is going to want to be with you if you’re that big it says a lot about you as a person so you are judged by your personality not just your looks

dongdong xiang 10

A lot of people are overweight because of things they can’t control (aka Thyroid conditions, genetics, etc.) You should be looking at people’s personality rather than looks. All that glitters isn’t gold. What good is a hot slim body if their personality is trash?