By Anonymous - 27/05/2013 22:15 - United States - Lehi

Today, my in-laws came for dinner. My 5-year-old son chose that as the perfect time to say, "Good girls always swallow!" when my daughter coughed up some of her food. I have no idea where he heard it, but my mother-in-law blamed me, and my wife had to convince her not to call CPS on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 036
You deserved it 3 747

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's more than just a little extreme. That's in the realm of insanely extreme.

Mother in laws know how to swallow more than anyone , they just don't admit it. That's why they try to make themselves seem to perfect.

Comments

kids... they will repeat everything they hear! I bet he heard it from another kid he happened to be around in school or something lol.

sounds like your mother in law doesn't want you with her daughter anymore and that's what I called a "scuse"

klovemachine 24

i normally dont like the C word. but in this casr i think it fits perfectly.

She sounds like a monster-inlaw, and not a smart one either.

PhDInLife 8

Love how kids never hear you yelling for them, but they'll repeat the most inappropriate phrases they heard three blocks away in a thunderstorm...

I don't understand what he said was so wrong, sounded pretty innocent to me. It's typical of adults to sexualise everything, to me just sounds like a phrase a parent would say to encourage good eating

thank you, I have two toddlers and my first thought was that the son had to have heard that around the dinner table to get the little sister to eat :) Children are like parrots & repeat everything.

DrownedMyFish 18

That's what I was thinking. He was obviously talking about food. It's not OP's fault his mother-in -law has a dirty mind.

That's a bitch move. We're all so perverted that we tend to forget that children say the most horrible things even if they made it up. I doubt your son was thinking the way we're all thinking. **** your husbands mother btw.

Some kids hold on to everything, even if you only said it once and didn't think they could hear you.