By doomed - 11/02/2015 00:00 - United States - Seattle

Today, my husband recited to me the name and model number of every single weapon in the game Doom, along with what they did and roughly where to find them. Last month, he forgot my birthday. We've been married for 6 years; he hasn't played Doom in at least 10. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 140
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Despite Hallmark's pressures, a forgotten birthday does not mean you're not loved. I've even forgotten my own birthday. It's different types of memory. He doesn't remember the date he first played Doom either. Don't set traps for your partner, "Remember my birthday or else." Remind him "It's my birthday next month (then 'next Monday', what are we able to do to celebrate it?" See, strangely, your husband does not want to snub you. We remember your tastes, your smile, your opinion, what makes you sad, your gesture, your friends, your history, how you move your body, what we thought when we met you, how you made us feel, your family, what makes you happy, how much we love you, our hopes for our future together,,,, dates on the calendar are so far down the list they seldom rate consideration. How can he remember one day out of 365 when he loves you every day out of 365?

I've met Venus in person, and that's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Aw. That is beautifully romantic. It's the mark of a man who cares and listens. Men are notoriously bad at remembering anniversaries and special days, while women have notorious memories for them. Of course that is a gender binary stereotype. It was definitely reversed for myself and my ex. There's also this thing where I know peoples' birth dates a bit too well, but on the day I fail to associate/remember, since the date is kind of this characteristic-ish thing I attach to the person rather than the day in the year. I think this may be fairly common with people. Anyway, society put too much emphasis on single dates, but when you're in a committed relationship, ideally...every day is cherished and appreciated.

I wish I could thumb this up more than once. That was beautiful!

The real question is What did he get to play with more at the time ? I remember the shores of hell and the chaingun. Badass game.

In his defense... Doom was pretty legendary.

That's what Facebook is for. The guy needs to learn that! Facebook saves your ass from being thrown in the fire, because you forget something!

saffy66 34

I would seriously question that he hadn't played in all that time.

Well, if I were OP I think that IDSPISPOPD be mad! IDKFA what I'd do to him since he can IDDQD all this weapons but forgot her birthday!