By doomed - 11/02/2015 00:00 - United States - Seattle

Today, my husband recited to me the name and model number of every single weapon in the game Doom, along with what they did and roughly where to find them. Last month, he forgot my birthday. We've been married for 6 years; he hasn't played Doom in at least 10. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 140
You deserved it 3 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

He may have been BSing you. "Shotgun" and "Chainsaw" don't have "model numbers".

Sometimes people can't control what they memorize. For example: I can't remember the names of anyone at my church, but I can remember pi to 46 decimal places.

Take advantage of this, just tell him it's your birthday like every 3-6 months

sometimes it not all about memory, but triggering the memory...

I'm sometimes amazed at the stuff that sticks in my brain while other stuff just passes through brain cells on the way to the Island of Lost Memories. But he should at least remember your birthday. Or he could be really bad with dates, in which case, he needs to set reminders on his smart phone (if he has one) so he doesn't forget.

im interested in knowing the BFG's model number

The what? weapons in Doom have super-generic names (like "pistol" and "rocket launcher", except "BFG-9000", which sounds official, but is humorous) and unless you're talking about sprites (animations in the game) they don't have model numbers. Your husband was just trying to bullshit/impress you. Whether that makes it not an FML is debatable.

TallMist 32

OR the guns in the game are based off real life ones and he knows what each and every gun looks like, due to being an expert on them. And all gun types have model numbers.