By Lilly - 30/10/2012 18:45 - United States

Today, my husband and I found out that our dog was pregnant. He now refuses to have kids with me for at least two years, because he wants to raise the puppies without any "distractions". FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 961
You deserved it 4 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

You don't want puppies around babies anyways. They make the human race look bad. While the little puppies are zipping around cute as hell, the baby doesn't have the neck strength to hold up its giant bulbous head. Most babies eventually surpass the dogs in intelligence, but early on, it's a blowout for the dogs.

Comments

"Was" pregnant? WAS. hahaha sounds like you handled that problem. but realistically, sorry OP. that's bs.

As in they got some sort of doggy-abortion? WTF? By the way, epic username.

conqueror57 11

Yes, dog abortions are possible. We found a stray dog once and gave her to a friend when we couldn't find her owner. Turned out she was pregnant, and most likely it's why she was ditched. The new owners decided to abort than to have a whole new generation of homeless shelter dogs.

@77 I think that was very wise of them.

Two years to raise puppies? Hell.. get rid of the puppies when they're 8 weeks old and then get mama dog fixed.

22-Just because it has bitch in it makes it completely relevant to the comment?...

skyeyez9 24

So he plans on keeping an extra 6-13 dogs for at least 2yrs?! Unless it is a small dog, they give birth to large litters.

Fuzzymonkey2013 7
ripjohnlennon 5

It's probably better for the baby anyways. let the puppies mature, and introduce them slowly to other baby's, then think of having a kid.

While I agree with your husband in that you should wait until the puppies are grown a little before you get pregnant, two years seems like a long time. Maybe negotiate the waiting time down a bit?

KiddNYC1O 20

Can't blame him if they're... lab pups!

So he's demonstrating hos parenting skills by not becoming one? That sounds like a good ass excuse to me.