By Lilly - 30/10/2012 18:45 - United States

Today, my husband and I found out that our dog was pregnant. He now refuses to have kids with me for at least two years, because he wants to raise the puppies without any "distractions". FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 961
You deserved it 4 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

You don't want puppies around babies anyways. They make the human race look bad. While the little puppies are zipping around cute as hell, the baby doesn't have the neck strength to hold up its giant bulbous head. Most babies eventually surpass the dogs in intelligence, but early on, it's a blowout for the dogs.

Comments

SApprentice 34

If he honestly intends to do that, then it is admirable of him to be hoping to try to keep the puppies. It's the pet parent's fault if the pet gets pregnant, and the offspring are their responsibility. You can't just let random people take them without quite a bit of consideration, and the shelters are overrun. The best case scenario is to try and keep the babies yourself, or at least one or two, if your living conditions allow it. That way less of a burden falls on shelters, or you having to depend on the hope that the people that adopt them won't cause them harm. Raising puppies is very time consuming too, so I could see him wanting to put a hold on having children, until he knows all of the attention can go to the child. Your dog is part of your family, and her world is being turned upside down. Two years isn't that long to wait, especially when it means supporting a family member that you already have.

mysticshroom 2

the responsible thing to do is have them put down right away and the pet fixed, no more problem.

@102 I agree on the getting the dog fixed thing, but do you mean killing the puppies after they are born? That is what I understand out of "having them put down". Isn't there a form of animal-abortion? Otherwise the dog has to go through labor, which is a bonding moment with the puppies and then just *BAM* lose them? I think that's kind of cruel, for the mother, mostly.

BriannaRWatson 13

He sounds like an...interesting guy...

elfie82 2

Ahhh hunni he doesnt want kids his looking for an exuse

nikkinurse 10
nissan31 2

Two funny. My he way of putting if off

FoXyLiSaMaRiE 0

He's just using that as an excuse, because most likely he doesn't want kids anytime soon or ever.

Actullay that is wise. Puppies are a massive handful op, seriously--you won't be able to raise a kid. But two years? I say find new homes for the puppies when they are old enough. Sell them, and that can go towards money for the baby. You can't raise them all, just keep one if your husband moans.

poptart1427 0

Sounds like an excuse because he doesnt want to have one? Ask him. He'll tell.

Tell him you refuse to have sex for a year because you don't want any distractions while raising the puppies.