By notanightowlanymore - 05/01/2016 17:44 - United States - Clyde

Today, my grandfather showed up at my house in a panic. He rushed over, with a gun, because I wasn't answering his texts and he thought something had happened to me. I was asleep. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 311
You deserved it 2 124

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No better alarm clock than a crazy old guy with a gun!!! You'll be out of your bed and out the door before you can say "Don't shoot me Gramps!"

Comments

Ononised 11

That's kind of sweet. At least you know he's looking out for you.

AScooterman 12

I can totally relate to the situation. After having lunch with my family in Long Beach California many years ago we each drove our separate ways back to our respective homes over two hours apart. After not answering my cell phone for a couple hours my mother had called every police station California Highway Patrol and sheriffs department between Long Beach and San Diego. I know the feeling.

as crazy as it sounds just appreciate that you have some who loves you so much.

Hey, guys, OP here. Didn't think this would be posted. Thanks for the awesome comments. I'm definitely grateful I've got a grandpa who thinks about my safety, but his concerns can become a little irritating as was this incident. He's always been a nut about his guns and isn't afraid to threaten to use them. I usually don't stay up past 10 or 11 P.M unless I'm really busy, and he barged into my room around 1 A.M., lecturing me (Bonus: while I had no pants on) on how I should turn my phone's volume up. He knows I always have my ringer on so I can hear it if I'm in a different room, but he's just paranoid about the crime rate in surrounding communities. He apologized through text after getting back home, so everything's good now.

M3DO 24

He's just worried about you op

I'd say overreaction and over protective on his part still...u need to speak to his son/daughter(your parent) about him

Why was he calling you that late? Unless it was an emergency, he shouldn't be calling you when he knows your asleep, let alone charging into your room with a gun and lecturing you for not returning a text. I'd have an extra talk about boundaries, and the concept of "not available right now." What the heck did grandpa do in the time before cell phones? Follow everyone around all the time just in case he needed to get in touch with them?

I was home alone. I live with my mother and our cats, and she works extremely late some days, so he was just worried.

the opening scene to the next "bad grandpa" movie lmao