By anonYmous - 26/02/2017 08:00 - United States - Boca Raton

Today, I received a phone call from my 91-year-old grandpa. He was lost driving somewhere in my town. I then spent the next few hours trying to teach him how to send his location until his phone died. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 033
You deserved it 769

Same thing different taste

Top comments

IcyDarcy 10

Why didn't you just tell him to park near the first recognizable building he happened to drive past (post office, supermarket, whatever...) and wait for you to meet him there ? I'm pretty sure this would've taken a lot less time and caused the poor old man a lot less stress.

Wouldn't it be easier for him to stop, you pinpoint his location, then you go get him so none of that would have happened?

Comments

IcyDarcy 10

Why didn't you just tell him to park near the first recognizable building he happened to drive past (post office, supermarket, whatever...) and wait for you to meet him there ? I'm pretty sure this would've taken a lot less time and caused the poor old man a lot less stress.

Wouldn't it be easier for him to stop, you pinpoint his location, then you go get him so none of that would have happened?

I really hope you found him before posting this. I mean seriously. You did prioritize finding your grandpa over making an FML...right?

RedPillSucks 31

more of an FML for your gramps. I'm sure he would post, but his phone just died. does find my iPhone work off the last pinged location? crap. location was turned off? time for the picture on milk carton approach.

lexyrebele 3

Please do a followup on how you eventually found him. :D

How about ask him what street he was on? Or where he was near?

Several hours? You're not a very good teacher, I guess.

As opposed to just asking him to find the nearest street sign or business? He didn't need to master the technology. You just needed a little common sense.