By nobodywasthere - 29/11/2017 01:30

Today, I explained to my teacher that I wasn't at school yesterday due to three doctor appointments for my moderate epilepsy. Yesterday was senior skip day. She gave me detention for lying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 265
You deserved it 418

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bring in a receipt of you checking in or out of your appointments.

TeachAllTheMath 19

Totally absurd. Take in a note from the doctor. Do you have a 504 plan?

Comments

bring in a receipt of you checking in or out of your appointments.

TeachAllTheMath 19

Totally absurd. Take in a note from the doctor. Do you have a 504 plan?

You got three doctor appointments in a single day? Sounds fishy to me!

gracefulmonk 8

Possibly because you don't have epilepsy. It IS possible to have multiple doctor's appointments in one day. example- family physician, cardiologist, and oncologist. all within a 6 hour period.

Chris Smith 9

They do tests over several hours with breaks in between. three tests=three appointments

When you get sick with something that requires endless doctor visits, maybe you will understand.

JackyQ 16

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lobby_Bee 17

Request to speak to her manager.

neuronerd 28

So did you really have 3 doctor's appointments? Not doubting you, but the way you wrote the FML makes it unclear. I feel you though. In high school, I failed the last quarter of physics, because I started having debilitating migraines along with fainting spells, so I kept missing class for doctor's appointments. My teacher took off 5 points for each missed class, no excuses. At least I aced the final.

You can get an excuse note after an appointment with literally any medical professional, so if you didn't think to do that then YDI.

Why didn't you get a doctor's certificate? Also I don't know how it works where you are, but I had to submit forms about any medical conditions my children have to school. Especially an action plan from the doctor things like asthma, severe allergy, diabetes and epilepsy for the school to refer to in an emergency. Surely most schools have a similar system and the teacher could have just verified your epilepsy at the office?

Just because most or all schools should have something, doesn't mean they do, or that they tell you what you need to know. The school system I was in was appalling.

BasedLink421 2

There's no such thing as "Senior Skip Day". I'm sure you're not the only one who got detention for skipping school, though you had a legitimate reason to do so.

You can easily prove this by giving them proof or Drs notes about your appointments or contacting your parents before she gave you the detention, thats what they did with our teen