By GlueAndCarrots - 29/05/2015 15:05 - Canada - Markham

Today, my girlfriend threatened to break up with me because I crossed the street without holding her hand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 209
You deserved it 4 343

Same thing different taste

Comments

You should have told her to go ahead and break up with you. Telling everyone the "reason" should be humiliation enough.

#11: Best case scenario - she denies it. Worst case scenario - she makes up an elaborate abuse story and gets him arrested. Don't tell me she doesn't sound crazy enough ;P!

What the hell? How did this go from 'hold my hand' to getting arrested?

#118: Through the magic of FML ^^. I've seen enough entries to be able to come up with such grim scenarios. It's not the most convoluted plot, really: he breaks up and embarrasses her with truth, she denies and screws him over with lies. It's her words against his, her word wins. Keep in mind - "worst case scenario".

I don't see an issue with this, other than the fact that she threatened to put your relationship on the line for something so trivial.

The fact that she'd threaten to break up over something so trivial pretty much IS the issue.

12 - thats the whole point of the fml, so you pretty much re stated it... a super clingy manipulative girlfriend is the issue

Congratulations. You missed the point of my comment. I was stating that there isn't an issue with wanting to hold someone's hand while crossing the street, except in the case where OP's girlfriend is threatening to break up with him over it.

yeah we understand. the reason you got so many downvotes is because you stated the obvious. sorry, the fml community is picky in weird ways ;)

I think the comment was posing the question of why the threat was made in the first place. "I don't see a problem with this", so why didn't OP do it to begin with? Why was the threat made in the first place? Not necessarily stating the obvious, you just have to read between the lines to see the purpose of the comment.

You were making a sarcastic comment. Most people are idiots or disingenuously altruistic.

And I'll bet you didn't even look both ways either. For shame.

She sounds pretty... crossed, I'm so sorry

She doesn't want a grasp on reality she wants a grasp on his hand.

You won't be holding her hand much longer Op. She doesn't sound like she cares that much about the relationship.

Threaten to break up with her when she doesn't put up the toilet seat for you(:

I don't think OP is that kind of person #20

Jord_Fox 14

Don't sound like she loves you enough Dump her and did someone who doesn't have ridiculous requirements

Next time grab her hand and throw her into traffic do yourself a favour.

That's terrible. A wood chipper would be much more efficient.

Haha xD alright babe grab my hand were goin for a walk to the lumberyard gonna smell some freshly diced spine tree