By fucklife - 16/04/2013 18:13 - United States - Washington

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me because she heard me say "love you" on the phone. I was talking to my mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 521
You deserved it 5 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you dont wanna be with a girl that unreasonable and crazy

simplysarcastics 26

Wacko girlfriend... If she's that silly then i approve that break up.

Comments

I'd be freaked if I simply overheard my boyfriend saying that with no context. If she had no reason to be suspicious and you proved it was just to your mom she's stupid for dumping you for something like that.

Airman1988 9

You shouldn't have to prove you were just saying "love you" to your mom unless he had already given her a reason not to trust him before. Regardless a guy would have to be pretty stupid to even say anything to another girl he was seeing while knowingly on the phone with his woman. seriously sometimes women are too paranoid.

If your significant other is on the phone saying 'I love you' and you have no context it's understandable to be worried. Granted not so much as to dump someone. Also previous fmls have shown that people can be truly stupid about cheating.

I don't think if I heard my guy saying "I love you" to someone on the phone I'd assume he was saying it to another girl. After all he has a family. If you feel that insecure with someone they probably aren't the one for you

I'd be freaked out if I heard my boyfriend saying that simply because I know he doesn't say it to anyone besides me, including family, so unless the OP is like that which he clearly isn't, then she might've been looking for some excuse to leave

If you can't give him a little trust until he proves otherwise you shouldn't be with him. You can ask, he will tell you. He shouldn't have to go through hoops to prove anything. It seems like people assume the worse. You have to have trust when you date.

What. A. Woman. Can't even ask what was going on, just jumps to assumptions?

if she doesn't believe you it probably wouldn't be a good relationship in the long run.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Tell her she was a better cook anyways...

3rdbass 9

That's not the definition of insecurity.

I don't see why you're getting thumbs down. It really isn't the definition of insecurity.

BellaBelle_fml 23

28 - Not necessarily. "Insecurity; Noun, plural in·se·cu·ri·ties. 1. The lack of confidence in oneself; self-doubt: He is plagued by his growing insecurity. 2. The quality or state of being insecure; instability: The insecurity of her financial position. 3. Insecurity brought on by another person; the lack of trust in someone other than oneself: The many insecurities of life."

Well if she didn't even let u explain that to her then ur better of with out her. Easier for me to say that tho I suppose!

First of all, you're to be commended for remembering that it's ok to tell your mom you love her even when you're a grown up. If you feel the relationship with the girl is worth salvaging, try and explain. If she accepts it, move forward. If she doesn't, then move on.

LuckBeNimble 19

OP may not be a "grown up." which would actually explain his bat-shit crazy GF.

Looks like she did you a favor. Take the opportunity to find someone who's not crazy and jealous

U dont need that type of girls .. believe me!

If your girlfriend doesn't even trust you then it's not worth it.