By cestquoicebordel?? - 14/08/2012 22:50 - France

Today, my fiancée showed me her wedding plans. It will be themed on one of her video games, the best man will be dressed as an alien warlord, and the vows talk about how we'll beat the odds and be blessed by the "Goddess Kalahira". Apparently, I have no say in this. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 890
You deserved it 6 195

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

YDI - you proposed to a gamer. You were pretty much asking for this.

Your wedding day should be about the two of you - BOTH of you - and the life you're about to build together. It shouldn't be an excuse for her to throw the best themed party of the month. Maybe you two should get married at city hall with only parents present, and then have her insane themed party as a holiday party - like maybe for Halloween, when most adults find it acceptable to have such fantasies. But seriously, tho . . . . you must have seen this coming. You can't tell me you're about to marry this girl and are completely SURPRISED by this development. She's the same girl you've always been with; you must've known she was going to do this before now. If you've tolerated this kind of behavior from her all along, you must've known she was going to attempt this for your wedding. If it really bothers you, sit her down and talk to her about it - tell her that you only bring these concerns to her because you know she loves you as much as you love her, and that you knew she would care about your feelings. If it bothers you but you aren't willing to do anything about it . . . then you're getting exactly what you had coming. Have fun taking your vows in a costume while your friends and family laugh in the uncomfortable silence. (They may say it was a fun idea, but they're all going home to laugh at their photos of you and tell coworkers what an awful, cheap, dated and selfish wedding it was.) And have fun in your marriage; you'll be done making decisions for the rest of your lives together. You'll be a pet from here on out. Bad situation, bro. Good luck.

So she wants the two of you to be blessed by the goddess of the oceans and the afterlife. The series the goddess is from is Mass Effect.

Man she sounds like she is demanding for a gamer chick.

beesknees8 7

Freaking awesome girlfriend ^_^

If I had to have a wedding, the theme would be Mass Effect too!

Mass Effect FTW. Kalahira is a Drell Goddess. Your fiancé is awesome.